Forecasting GDP growth in times of crisis: private sector forecasts versus statistical models
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bräuning, Falk & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2014.
"Forecasting macroeconomic variables using collapsed dynamic factor analysis,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 572-584.
- Falk Brauning & Siem Jan Koopman, 2012. "Forecasting Macroeconomic Variables using Collapsed Dynamic Factor Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-042/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bragoli, Daniela & Modugno, Michele, 2017.
"A now-casting model for Canada: Do U.S. variables matter?,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 786-800.
- Daniela Bragoli & Michele Modugno, 2016. "A Nowcasting Model for Canada: Do U.S. Variables Matter?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-036, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- BaÅ„bura, Marta & Giannone, Domenico & Modugno, Michele & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2013.
"Now-Casting and the Real-Time Data Flow,"
Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.), Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 195-237,
- Banbura, Marta & Giannone, Domenico & Modugno, Michele & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2012. "Now-casting and the real-time data flow," CEPR Discussion Papers 9112, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia & Bańbura, Marta & Modugno, Michele, 2013. "Now-casting and the real-time data flow," Working Paper Series 1564, European Central Bank.
- Martha Banbura & Domenico Giannone & Michèle Modugno & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2012. "Now-Casting and the Real-Time Data Flow," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-026, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Francisco Dias & Maximiano Pinheiro & António Rua, 2018.
"A bottom-up approach for forecasting GDP in a data-rich environment,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(10), pages 718-723, June.
- António Rua & Francisco Craveiro Dias & Maximiano Pinheiro, 2016. "A bottom-up approach for forecasting GDP in a data rich environment," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Jansen, W. Jos & Jin, Xiaowen & de Winter, Jasper M., 2016.
"Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 411-436.
- Jos Jansen & Xiaowen Jin & Jasper de Winter, 2012. "Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts," DNB Working Papers 365, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jos Jansen, W. & Jin, Xiaowen & Winter, Jasper M. de, 2016. "Forecasting and nowcasting real GDP: Comparing statistical models and subjective forecasts," Munich Reprints in Economics 43488, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Chudik, Alexander & Grossman, Valerie & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2016.
"A multi-country approach to forecasting output growth using PMIs,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 349-365.
- Alexander Chudik & Valerie Grossman & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2014. "A Multi-Country Approach to Forecasting Output Growth Using PMIs," CESifo Working Paper Series 5100, CESifo.
- Alexander Chudik & Valerie Grossman & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2014. "A multi-country approach to forecasting output growth using PMIs," Globalization Institute Working Papers 213, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Modugno, Michele & Soybilgen, Barış & Yazgan, Ege, 2016. "Nowcasting Turkish GDP and news decomposition," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1369-1384.
- Caruso, Alberto, 2018. "Nowcasting with the help of foreign indicators: The case of Mexico," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 160-168.
- Jun Nie & Shu-Kuei X. Yang, 2020. "Forecasting U.S. Economic Growth in Downturns Using Cross-Country Data," Research Working Paper RWP 20-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Alain Kabundi & Elmarie Nel & Franz Ruch, 2016. "Working Paper WP1601 Nowcasting Real GDP growth in South Africa," Working Papers 7068, South African Reserve Bank.
- António Rua & Francisco Craveiro Dias & Maximiano Pinheiro, 2014. "Forecasting Portuguese GDP with factor models," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Мекенбаева Камила // Mekenbayeva Kamila & Karel Musil, 2017. "Система прогнозирования в Национальном Банке Казахстана: наукаст на основа опросов // Forecasting system at the National Bank of Kazakhstan: survey-based nowcasting," Working Papers #2017-1, National Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Dias, Francisco & Pinheiro, Maximiano & Rua, António, 2015. "Forecasting Portuguese GDP with factor models: Pre- and post-crisis evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 266-272.
More about this item
KeywordsNowcasting; Professional Forecasters; Factor Model; Forecasting;
All these keywords.
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2011-11-14 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FDG-2011-11-14 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FOR-2011-11-14 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-14 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbwpp:320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Heuver). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dnbgvnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.