Regional Labour Mobility in the European Union: Adjustment Mechanism or Disturbance?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1993. "European Monetary Unification," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1321-1357, September.
- Bentolila, Samuel, 1997. "Sticky labor in Spanish regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 591-598, April.
- Rappaport, Jordan, 2004. "Why are population flows so persistent?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 554-580, November.
- Peter Huber, 2004.
"Inter-regional mobility in Europe: a note on the cross-country evidence,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(10), pages 619-624.
- Peter Huber, 2004. "Inter-regional Mobility in Europe. A Note on the Cross-Country Evidence," WIFO Working Papers 221, WIFO.
- J. Lloyd Blackwell, III, 2005. "Estimation and testing of fixed-effect panel-data systems," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 5(2), pages 202-207, June.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1989. "Unemployment and the Inter-regional Mobility of Labour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 739-755, September.
- Chiara Bentivogli & Patrizio Pagano, 1999. "Regional Disparities and Labour Mobility: the Euro-11 versus the USA," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 13(3), pages 737-760, September.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Giovanni Peri, 1998. "Regional non-adjustment and fiscal policy," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 205-259, April.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Eswar Prasad, 1997.
"Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment: Some New Empirical Evidence,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 36-58, March.
- Eswar S Prasad & Tamim Bayoumi, 1996. "Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment; Some New Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 96/81, International Monetary Fund.
- Hess, Gregory D & Shin, Kwanho, 1997. "International and Intranational Business Cycles," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 93-109, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tyrowicz, Joanna, 2009.
"When Eastern Labour Markets Enter Western Europe CEECs. Labour Market Institutions upon Euro Zone Accession,"
15045, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joanna Tyrowicz, 2009. "When Eastern Labour Markets Enter Western Europe CEECs. Labour Market Institutions upon Euro Zone Accession," Working Papers 2009-03, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Joanna Tyrowicz, 2009. "When Eastern Labour Markets Enter Western Europe. CEECs Labour Market Institutions upon Euro Zone Accession," NBP Working Papers 61, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Marga Peeters, 2012. "Better Safe than Sorry - Individual Risk-free Pension Schemes in the European Union," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 6(3), September.
- Peeters, Marga, 2011. "“Better Safe than Sorry” - Individual Risk-free Pension Schemes in the European Union - Macroeconomic Benefits, the Mobile Working Citizen’s Perspective and Why Nots," MPRA Paper 33571, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cristina Puiu, 2011. "Labour Mobility As An Adjustment Mechanism In The Euro Area," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3(4), pages 579-591, December.
More about this item
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2007-04-28 (European Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2007-04-28 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MIG-2007-04-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbwpp:137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dnbgvnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.