Pension fund efficiency: the impact of scale, governance and plan design
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- D. K. Malhotra & Robert W. McLeod, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis Of Mutual Fund Expenses," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 175-190, June.
- Olivia S. Mitchell, 1998.
"Administrative Costs in Public and Private Retirement Systems,"
NBER Chapters,in: Privatizing Social Security, pages 403-456
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivia S. Mitchell, "undated". "Administrative Costs in Public and Private Retirement Systems," Pension Research Council Working Papers 96-4, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Olivia S. Mitchell, 1996. "Administrative Costs in Public and Private Retirement Systems," NBER Working Papers 5734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Allard Bruinshoofd & Clemens Kool, 2009.
"Nonlinear target adjustment in corporate liquidity management: an endogenous thresholds approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(17), pages 2125-2131.
- A. Bruinshoofd & C.J.M. Kool, 2006. "Non-linear Target Adjustment in Corporate Liquidity Management: An Endogenous Thresholds Approach," Working Papers 06-15, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Peter J.G. Vlaar, 2006. "Conditional Indexation in Defined Benefit Pension Plans," DNB Working Papers 086, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Olivia S. Mitchell Ping-Lung, "undated". "Public Pension Plan Efficiency," Pension Research Council Working Papers 95-11, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Bateman,Hazel & Kingston,Geoffrey & Piggott,John, 2001. "Forced Saving," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521484718, November.
- Lakonishok, Joseph & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1992. "The Structure and Performance of the Money Management Industry," Scholarly Articles 10498059, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Malhotra, D K & McLeod, Robert W, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis of Mutual Fund Expenses," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 175-190, Summer.
- Bateman, Hazel & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2004. "New evidence on pension plan design and administrative expenses: the Australian experience," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 63-76, March.
- Jaap Bikker & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2005.
"An Exploration into Competition and Efficiency in the Dutch Life Insurance Industry,"
DNB Working Papers
047, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & J.A. Bikker, 2005. "An exploration into competition and efficiency in the Dutch life insurance industry," CPB Discussion Paper 48, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helen Higgs & Andrew C. Worthington, 2010. "Economies of Scale and Scope in Australian Superannuation Funds," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201015, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Huang, X. & Mahieu, R.J., 2012. "Performance persistence of Dutch pension plans," Other publications TiSEM 3dba651c-bb31-443f-963c-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Xiaohong Huang & Ronald Mahieu, 2012.
"Performance Persistence of Dutch Pension Funds,"
Springer, pages 17-34.
- S. Baert & F. Heylen & D. Isebaert, 2013. "Does homeownership lead to longer unemployment spells? The role of mortgage payments," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/858, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Baert, Stijn & Heylen, Freddy & Isebaert, Daan, 2013. "Does Homeownership Lead to Longer Unemployment Spells? The Role of Mortgage Payments," IZA Discussion Papers 7774, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, R.M.M.J. & Cremers, K.J.M. & Frehen, R.G.P., 2010. "Pension Fund Performance and Costs: Small is Beautiful," MPRA Paper 23556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAdministrative costs; investment costs; economies of scale; pension plan design; governance; defined benefits; defined contribution; outsourcing; reinsurance.;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-09-30 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-09-30 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-PBE-2006-09-30 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbwpp:109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dnbgvnl.html .