The Effect of Transaction Pricing on the Adoption of Electronic Payments: A Cross-Country Comparison
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wilko Bolt & David B. Humphrey & Roland Uittenbogaard, 2005. "The effect of transaction pricing on the adoption of electronic payments: a cross-country comparison," Working Papers 05-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Zinman, 2004. "Why use debit instead of credit? Consumer choice in a trillion-dollar market," Staff Reports 191, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Wilko Bolt & Alexander F. Tieman, 2004.
"Skewed Pricing in Two-Sided Markets: An IO approach,"
DNB Working Papers
013, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Wilko Bolt & Alexander F Tieman, 2005. "Skewed Pricing in Two-Sided Markets: An IO approach," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 75, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Nicole Jonker, 2005. "Payment Instruments as Perceived by Consumers - a Public Survey," DNB Working Papers 053, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Humphrey, David B & Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent, 2001.
"Realizing the Gains from Electronic Payments: Costs, Pricing, and Payment Choice,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 216-234, May.
- David B. Humphrey & Moshe Kim & Bent Vale, 1998. "Realizing the gains from electronic payments: costs, pricing, and payment choice," Proceedings 586, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hans Brits & Carlo Winder, 2005. "Payments are no free lunch," DNB Occasional Studies 302, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Meade, Nigel & Islam, Towhidul, 1995. "Forecasting with growth curves: An empirical comparison," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 199-215, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicole Jonker & Thijs Kettenis, 2007. "Explaining cash usage in the Netherlands: the effect of electronic payment instruments," DNB Working Papers 136, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Bolt, Wilko & Jonker, Nicole & van Renselaar, Corry, 2010.
"Incentives at the counter: An empirical analysis of surcharging card payments and payment behaviour in the Netherlands,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1738-1744, August.
- Wilko Bolt & Nicole Jonker & Corry van Renselaar, 2008. "Incentives at the counter: An empirical analysis of surcharging card payment and payment behaviour in the Netherlands," DNB Working Papers 196, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William, 2009. "Why pay? An introduction to payments economics," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Richard J. Sullivan & Stuart E. Weiner, 2006. "A guide to the ATM and debit card industry - 2006 update," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2006agttaadci2, Jan 10.
- Wilko Bolt & David Humphrey & Roland Uittenbogaard, 2008. "Transaction Pricing and the Adoption of Electronic Payments: A Cross-Country Comparison," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(1), pages 89-123, March.
- Abdullai, Besim, 2009. "The EPS as an e-commerce enabler: The Macedonian perspective," MPRA Paper 13996, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Mar 2009.
- Sandra Deungoue, 2008. "Compétition pour les paiements : une titanomachie revisitée par la modélisation multi-agents," Post-Print halshs-00269129, HAL.
- Nicole Jonker, 2007. "Payment Instruments as Perceived by Consumers – Results from a Household Survey," De Economist, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 271-303, September.
- David Bounie & Marc Bourreau & Abel François & Marianne Verdier, 2008. "La détention et l’usage des instruments de paiement en France," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 91(1), pages 53-76.
- Wilko Bolt & David Humphrey, 2006. "Payment Scale Economies and the Replacement of Cash and Stored Value Cards," DNB Working Papers 122, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Nicole Jonker & Anneke Kosse & Lola Hernández, 2012. "Cash usage in the Netherlands: How much, where, when, who and whenever one wants?," DNB Occasional Studies 1002, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Sandra Deungoue, 2008. "Compétition pour les paiements : une titanomachie revisitée par la modélisation multi-agents," Working Papers 0810, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
More about this item
Keywordselectronic payments; transaction pricing; demand elasticity; social benefits;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbwpp:071. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dnbgvnl.html .