Towards a framework for financial stability
This study examines the emergence of financial stability as a key police objective. It discusses the underlying trends in the financial system, as well as the role of finance in relation to money, the real economy and public policy. Financial stability is defined in terms of its ability to help the economic system allocate resources, manage risk and absorbs shocks. Moreover, financial stability is considered a continuum, changeable over time and consistent with multiple combinations of its constituent elements. On the basis of these concepts, a framework is presented that comprises an encompassing analyses and assessment of financial stability, and maps out broad policy implications.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 98, 1000 AB Amsterdam|
Web page: http://www.dnb.nl/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joke Mooij & Henriette Prast, 2003.
"A brief history of the institutional design of banking supervision in the Netherlands,"
Chapters,in: Banking Supervision at the Crossroads, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Joke Mooij & Henriette Prast, 2002. "A Brief History of the Institutional Design of Banking Supervision in the Netherlands," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 703, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Joke Mooij & Henriette Prast, 2002. "A Brief History of the Institutional Design of Banking Supervision in the Netherlands," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 48, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Greenbaum, Stuart I & Thakor, Anjan V, 1992. " Is Fairly Priced Deposit Insurance Possible?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 227-245, March.
- Yuk-Shee Chan & Stuart I. Greenbaum & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004. "Is Fairly Priced Deposit Insurance Possible?," Finance 0411018, EconWPA.
- Larry D. Wall, 1997. "Taking note of the deposit insurance fund: a plan for the FDIC to issue capital notes," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 1, pages 14-30.
- Gropp, Reint & Vesala, Jukka, 2001. "Deposit insurance and moral hazard: does the counterfactual matter?," Working Paper Series 0047, European Central Bank.
- Gropp, R. & Vesala, J., 2001. "Deposit Insurance and Moral Hazard: Does the Counterfactual Matter?," Papers 47, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.