Relative convergence and cross-section dynamics : a new approach to convergence
The paper considers a (static) portfolio system that satisfies adding-up contraints and the gross substitution theorem. The paper shows the relationship of the two conditions to the weak dominant diagonal property of the matrix of interest rate elasticities. This enables to investigate the impact of simultaneous changes in interest rates on the asset demands.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +31 50 363 7185
Fax: +31 50 363 3720
Web page: http://som.eldoc.ub.rug.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
"Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 426-434, April.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical Cross-Section Dynamics in Economic Growth," FMG Discussion Papers dp154, Financial Markets Group.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Ben-David, Dan, 1995.
"Trade and Convergence Among Countries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1126, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "The Origins of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 3-22, Winter.
- Baumol, William J, 1986. "Productivity Growth, Convergence, and Welfare: What the Long-run Data Show," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1072-85, December.
- Dowrick, Steve, 1992.
"Technological Catch Up and Diverging Incomes: Patterns of Economic Growth 1960-88,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(412), pages 600-610, May.
- Dowrick, S., 1991. "Technological Catch Up and Diverging Incomes: Patterns of Economic Growth 1960-88," CEPR Discussion Papers 259, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Howard Pack, 1994. "Endogenous Growth Theory: Intellectual Appeal and Empirical Shortcomings," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 55-72, Winter.
- Greenaway, David, 1992. "The Determinants of Economic Growth: Editorial Note," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(412), pages 598-99, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dgr:rugsom:95c16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joke Bulthuis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.