Ein Analyseraster zur Bestimmung langfristiger Wechselkursrisiken von Unternehmen dargestellt am Beispiel der US-Dollar-Abwertung
The US-Dollar has depreciated noticeably since the beginning of the year 2006. This depreciation changes the competitiveness of nations and corporations. This paper briefly presents the related exchange rate risks. Subsequently, the operating exposure is discussed, as this is the relevant foreign exchange risk in the long-term. A related issue in corporate risk management is to identify and quantify exchange rate risks. In this context a short guideline proposes an applied 3-step analysis. This DIR-Analysis investigates: direct exposures, indirect exposures and enterprise responses to changed fx-rates.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2008|
|Publication status:||Published in Forschungsberichte des Fachbereichs Wirtschaft der Fachhochschule Duesseldorf ; 2008,2 ; ISSN 1866-2722|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Brown, Gregory W. & Minton, Bernadette A., 2010.
"Resolving the exposure puzzle: The many facets of exchange rate exposure,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 148-173, February.
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Brown, Gregory W. & Minton, Bernadette, 2009. "Resolving the Exposure Puzzle: The Many Facets of Exchange Rate Exposure," MPRA Paper 14041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John J. Pringle, 1991. "Managing Foreign Exchange Exposure," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 3(4), pages 73-82.
- John J. Pringle & Robert A. Connolly, 1993. "The Nature And Causes Of Foreign Currency Exposure," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 6(3), pages 61-72.
- Richard Friberg & Mattias Ganslandt, 2007. "Exchange Rates and Cash Flows in Differentiated Product Industries: A Simulation Approach," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(5), pages 2475-2502, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ddf:wpaper:fobe02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefanie Soehnitz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.