The effect of public subsidies for formal care on the care provision for disabled elderly people in France
This paper aims to assess the effect of the APA on the care received by disabled elderly people living in the community. Using data from the French Handicap Santé Ménage Survey, we propose an empirical analysis using the propensity score matching method. Our results suggest that the use of publicly funded formal care partially substitutes for privately funded formal care and informal care, depending on the disability level and the informal care resources, but improve the support disabled elderly people receive to assist them in performing the main activities of daily living.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ettner, Susan L, 1994. "The Effect of the Medicaid Home Care Benefit on Long-Term Care Choices of the Elderly," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 103-27, January.
- Anderson, Gordon, 1996. "Nonparametric Tests of Stochastic Dominance in Income Distributions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1183-93, September.
- Liliana E. Pezzin & Peter Kemper & James Reschovsky, 1996. "Does Publicly Provided Home Care Substitute for Family Care? Experimental Evidence with Endogenous Living Arrangements," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(3), pages 650-676.
- Stabile, Mark & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C., 2006.
"Household responses to public home care programs,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 674-701, July.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20070032 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laura Crespo, 2006. "Caring For Parents And Employment Status Of European Mid-Life Women," Working Papers wp2006_0615, CEMFI.
- Rapp, Thomas & Grand, Alain & Cantet, Christelle & Andrieu, Sandrine & Coley, Nicola & Portet, Florence & Vellas, Bruno, 2011. "Public financial support receipt and non-medical resource utilization in Alzheimer's disease results from the PLASA study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(8), pages 1310-1316, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dau:papers:123456789/9268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.