Enjeux stratégiques du concours des Maîtres de Conférences
Contrary to most countries, the recruitment of assistant professors in France is centralized: recruitment committees submit a ranking of candidates to the Ministry of Education, the candidates submit their own ranking over the faculties that rank them and the Ministry compute the final match accordingly to these lists. The strategic stakes of this procedure are not well known in France. We show that the procedure satisfies desirable properties of stability and optimality. In order to do so, we identify the matching rule used by the Ministry using the information available to the candidates. The structure of the algorithm that produce the final matching is also analyzed. Finally, we discuss the existence of quotas on Departments rankings, the new features of the next campaign of recruitment and their relationships with job mobility.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Revue économique, 2010, Vol. 61, no. 4. pp. 697-721.Length: 24 pages|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roth, Alvin E, 1991. "A Natural Experiment in the Organization of Entry-Level Labor Markets: Regional Markets for New Physicians and Surgeons in the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 415-40, June.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Caterina Calsamiglia & Flip Klijn, 2009.
"Constrained School Choice: An Experimental Study,"
2009.29, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Caterina Calsamiglia & Guillaume Haeringer & Flip Klijn, 2008. "Constrained School Choice: An Experimental Study," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 757.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Caterina Calsamiglia & Guillaume Haeringer & Flip Klijn, 2008. "Constrained School Choice: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 365, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Muriel Niederle & Alvin E Roth, 2003.
"Unraveling Reduces Mobility in a Labor Market: Gastroenterology with and without a Centralized Match,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
506439000000000428, David K. Levine.
- Muriel Niederle & Alvin E. Roth, 2003. "Unraveling Reduces Mobility in a Labor Market: Gastroenterology with and without a Centralized Match," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(6), pages 1342-1352, December.
- Alvin E. Roth & Elliott Peranson, 1999.
"The Redesign of the Matching Market for American Physicians: Some Engineering Aspects of Economic Design,"
NBER Working Papers
6963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elliott Peranson & Alvin E. Roth, 1999. "The Redesign of the Matching Market for American Physicians: Some Engineering Aspects of Economic Design," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 748-780, September.
- C. Nicholas McKinney & Muriel Niederle & Alvin E. Roth, 2005.
"The Collapse of a Medical Labor Clearinghouse (and Why Such Failures Are Rare),"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 878-889, June.
- McKinney, C. Nicholas & Niederle, Muriel & Roth, Alvin, 2005. "The collapse of a medical labor clearinghouse (and why such failures are rare)," Scholarly Articles 2570404, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Myrna Wooders, 2011.
"Decentralized job matching,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Myrna Wooders, 2003. "Decentralised Job Matching," Working Papers 2003.114, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Myrna Wooders, 2003. "Decentralized job matching," Working Papers 40, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Haeinger, Guillaume & Wooders, Myrna, 2003. "Decentralized Job Matching," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 688, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1992. "Two-sided matching," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 485-541 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dau:papers:123456789/85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.