De la genèse du nouveau Conseil National de la Comptabilité (2007) : un cas d’isomorphisme institutionnel ?
This article proposes an interpretation of the reform of the French accounting standards setter initiated by the decrete n° 20076629 of the 27th of april 2007 related to the national standards board, the Conseil National de la Comptabilité (CNC). This reform, if it goes to its term, will give birth to a French Autorité des Normes Comptables (ANC). The proposed interpretation derives from a neo-institutionalist framework. It uses in particularly the notions of path dependency and of institutional mimetism. First, the new CNC is situated as an institution in relation with its predecessors. Then, It is compared with two institutions the architecture of which could have inspired its conceptors, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the French Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF). It appears that the new CNC clearly steps out of the the French accounting regulation’s historical path and tends to mime French “autorités administratives indépendantes” of the AMF type. Now, such an “autorité” is highly inspired from the SEC. So, paradoxically, the model of the new French Autorité des Normes Comptables would be the SEC rather than the FASB.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Colasse, Bernard, 2004. "Harmonisation comptable internationale: la résistible ascension de l'IASC-IASB," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/468, Paris Dauphine University.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Chantiri-Chaudemanche, Rouba, 2004. "La normalisation comptable et ses acteurs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/428, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bealing, William Jr & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Fogarty, Timothy, 1996. "Early regulatory actions by the SEC: An institutional theory perspective on the dramaturgy of political exchanges," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 317-338, May.
- Young, Joni J., 1994. "Outlining regulatory space: Agenda issues and the FASB," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 83-109, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dau:papers:123456789/3499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.