The Demand for Illegal Migration and Market Outcomes
This article summarizes important aspects of illegal immigration. We analyse incentives of illegal immigrants as well as those of their employers by applying basic principles of labour economics, and by customising the workhorse of the economic theory of crime to suit the labour market for illegals immigrants. In addition, we describe the economic and social consequences of possible market outcomes.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics . 130 (2004-03)|
|Note:||for complete metadata visit http://tubiblio.ulb.tu-darmstadt.de/37283/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++49 (0)6151 16-2701
Fax: ++49 (0)6151 16-6508
Web page: http://www.wi.tu-darmstadt.de/fachgebiete/fachgebiete_4/volkswirtschaftlichefachgebiete.de.jsp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Meyer, Susanne, 2003. "Sozialausgaben in OECD-Staaten: Ein Pull-Effekt der Migration?," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 37303, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Borjas, George J, 1999.
"Immigration and Welfare Magnets,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 607-37, October.
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 1995. "Tackling the European Migration Problems," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 45-62, Spring.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Lofstrom, Magnus & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2000. "Immigration Policy, Assimilation of Immigrants and Natives' Sentiments towards Immigrants: Evidence from 12 OECD-Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 187, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Entorf, Horst, 2000.
"Rational migration policy should tolerate non-zero illegal migration flows: Lessons from modelling the market for illegal migration,"
W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers
23, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Entorf, Horst, 2000. "Rational Migration Policy Should Tolerate Non-Zero Illegal Migration Flows: Lessons from Modelling the Market for Illegal Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 199, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1986. "Illegal Immigration: The Host-Country Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 56-71, March.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth F. Scheve & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2001. "Labor Market Competition And Individual Preferences Over Immigration Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 133-145, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dar:ddpeco:37283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dekanatssekretariat)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.