Social Capital and Basic Goods: The Cautionary Tale of Drinking Water in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sripad Motiram & Lars Osberg, 2010. "Social Capital and Basic Goods: The Cautionary Tale of Drinking Water in India," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(1), pages 63-94, October.
- Sripad Motiram & Lars Osberg, 2007. "Social Capital and Basic Goods: The Cautionary Tale of Drinking Water in India," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive socialcapitalbasicsjan19, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avi J. Cohen, 2003. "Retrospectives: Whatever Happened to the Cambridge Capital Theory Controversies?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 199-214, Winter.
- Alatas, Vivi & Pritchett, Lant & Wetterberg, Anna, 2003.
"Voice lessons : local government organizations, social organizations, and the quality of local governance,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2981, The World Bank.
- Lant Pritchett, 2005. "Voice Lessons:Local Government Organizations, Social Organizations, and the Quality of Local Governance," Working Papers id:15, eSocialSciences.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Joel Sobel, 2002. "Can We Trust Social Capital?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 139-154, March.
- Anthony Bebbington & Scott Guggenheim & Elizabeth Olson & Michael Woolcock, 2004. "Exploring Social Capital Debates at the World Bank," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 33-64.
- Woolcock, Michael & Narayan, Deepa, 2000. "Social Capital: Implications for Development Theory, Research, and Policy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 225-249, August.
- Habyarimana, James P. & Humphreys, Macartan & Posner, Daniel N. & Weinstein, Jeremy, 2006. "Why Does Ethnic Diversity Undermine Public Goods Provision? An Experimental Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 2272, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-08-06 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2008-08-06 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dal:wparch:social_capital.pdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dedalca.html .