Understanding the role of attitude components in co-branding: an application to high-tech, luxury co-branded products
This study addresses co-branding between firms belonging to unrelated value chains –high-tech products and luxury brands (HLCPs) – to explore how consumers‟ attitude drive the success of HLCPs. The study applies the tri-component attitude model (as opposed to attitude as a whole) that uses affect and cognition to predict purchase intention of co-branded products. Cultural differences (Spanish and Taiwanese) in consumers‟ behavior are also assessed. Data collected in a survey show that Spanish and Taiwanese consumers adopt different purchasing processes: while Spanish consumers place more importance on product-related thoughts and follow a Feel-Learn-Do sequence in purchasing HLCPs, Taiwanese consumers follow a Learn-Feel-Do purchasing process.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/indem|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mano, Haim & Oliver, Richard L, 1993. " Assessing the Dimensionality and Structure of the Consumption Experience: Evaluation, Feeling, and Satisfaction," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 451-66, December.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Jonathan A. Parker & Motohiro Yogo, 2001.
"Luxury Goods and the Equity Premium,"
NBER Working Papers
8417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anand, Punam & Holbrook, Morris B & Stephens, Debra, 1988. " The Formation of Affective Judgments: The Cognitive-Affective Model versus the Independence Hypothesis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 386-91, December.
- V. Kumar & Trichy V. Krishnan, 2002. "Multinational Diffusion Models: An Alternative Framework," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 318-330, July.
- Shiv, Baba & Fedorikhin, Alexander, 1999. " Heart and Mind in Conflict: The Interplay of Affect and Cognition in Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 278-92, December.
- Calder, Bobby J & Phillips, Lynn W & Tybout, Alice M, 1981. " Designing Research for Application," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 197-207, September.
- Keller, Kevin Lane, 2003. " Brand Synthesis: The Multidimensionality of Brand Knowledge," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 595-600, March.
- Johnson, Devon & Grayson, Kent, 2005. "Cognitive and affective trust in service relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 500-507, April.
- Gerard J. Tellis & Stefan Stremersch & Eden Yin, 2003. "The International Takeoff of New Products: The Role of Economics, Culture, and Country Innovativeness," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 188-208, October.
- G Tomas M Hult & David J Ketchen & David A Griffith & Carol A Finnegan & Tracy Gonzalez-Padron & Nukhet Harmancioglu & Ying Huang & M Berk Talay & S Tamer Cavusgil, 2008. "Data equivalence in cross-cultural international business research: assessment and guidelines," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(6), pages 1027-1044, September.
- Aaker, David A. & Shansby, J. Gary, 1982. "Positioning your product," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 56-62.
- Roehm, Michelle L & Sternthal, Brian, 2001. " The Moderating Effect of Knowledge and Resources on the Persuasive Impact of Analogies," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 257-72, September.
- Malhotra, Naresh K., 2005. "Attitude and affect: new frontiers of research in the 21st century," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 477-482, April.
- Lim, Elison Ai Ching & Ang, Swee Hoon, 2008. "Hedonic vs. utilitarian consumption: A cross-cultural perspective based on cultural conditioning," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 225-232, March.
- Allen, Chris T & Machleit, Karen A & Kleine, Susan Schultz, 1992. " A Comparison of Attitudes and Emotions as Predictors of Behavior at Diverse Levels of Behavioral Experience," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 493-504, March.
- Compeau, Larry D. & Grewal, Dhruv & Monroe, Kent B., 1998. "Role of Prior Affect and Sensory Cues on Consumers' Affective and Cognitive Responses and Overall Perceptions of Quality," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 295-308, July.
- Martinez Caro, Laura & Martinez Garcia, Jose Antonio, 2007. "Cognitive-affective model of consumer satisfaction. An exploratory study within the framework of a sporting event," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 108-114, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:idrepe:id-11-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.