The new Destinie 2 microsimulation model: main characteristics and illustrative results
The Destinie model is a dynamic microsimulation model that has been developed and used at the French national statistical institute (INSEE) since the mid-1990s and whose main application is the analysis of pension policies. The paper presents the new version of the model that is progressively becoming operational. The main goals of this new version have been to improve the robustness and the flexibility of the instrument. This new model has two separate components: (a) a generator of demographic and employment biographies, whose results are stored in intermediate output files and (b) a library of subroutines allowing an easy programming of ad hoc pension projections based on data from these intermediary files. We explain the advantages of this new structure and we provide some preliminary results showing the impacts of the 1993 and 2003 reforms, or of the long-term impact, on pensions, of various post-crisis growth scenarios.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 15 Boulevard Gabriel Peri 92244 Malakoff Cedex|
Phone: 01 41 17 50 50
Web page: http://www.insee.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Duée & C. Rebillard, 2004. "Old age disability in France: a long run projection," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2004-02, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Melika Ben Salem & Didier Blanchet & Antoine Bozio & Muriel Roger, 2010.
"Labor Force Participation by the Elderly and Employment of the Young: The Case of France,"
in: Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: The Relationship to Youth Employment, pages 119-146
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mélika Ben Salem & Didier Blanchet & Antoine Bozio & Muriel Roger, 2008. "Labor force participation by the elderly and employment of the young: The case of France," Working Papers halshs-00586064, HAL.
- Mélika Ben Salem & Antoine Bozio & Muriel Roger, 2010. "Labor Force Participation by the elderly and employment of the Young. The case of France," Post-Print halshs-00754794, HAL.
- Stock, James H & Wise, David A, 1990. "Pensions, the Option Value of Work, and Retirement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1151-1180, September.
- James H. Stock & David A. Wise, 1988. "Pensions, The Option Value of Work, and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 2686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emmanuelle Walraet & Béatrice Sédillot & José Bardaji, 2003. "Un outil de prospective des retraites : le modèle de microsimulation Destinie," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 160(4), pages 193-213.
- Patrick AUBERT, 2009. "“Allongement de la durée requise pour le taux plein et âge de départ en retraite des salariés du secteur privé : Une évaluation de l’impact de la réforme des retraites de 1993”," Working Papers 2009-21, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)