An evaluation of the effect of the 2003 reform on the retirement behaviour - The case of public secondary-school teachers
While a new retirement pension reform is currently discussed in France, it is crucial to evaluate previous reforms. Up to now, no evaluation of the 2003 reform is available, particularly for civil servants. This article deals with the impact of this reform on the retirement behaviour of public secondary-school teachers. On the one hand, the reform has had an impact on the retirement behaviour of secondary-school teachers who still work at 60. The probability to retire between 60 and 61 years old for those who have paid their social contributions for 37.5 years at 60 years old drops by 9 points. On the other hand, the reform seems to have changed teachers willingness to get the so-called full-pension rate. When the number of missing quarters of social contributions required to benefit from the full pension rate at 60 years old is low, the reform is not found to induce teachers born after 1944 to postpone their retirement after 61 years old. But a large number of missing quarters has still the same effect before and after the reform.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 15 Boulevard Gabriel Peri 92244 Malakoff Cedex|
Phone: 01 41 17 50 50
Web page: http://www.insee.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008.
"Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, 02.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Patrick AUBERT, 2009. "“Allongement de la durée requise pour le taux plein et âge de départ en retraite des salariés du secteur privé : Une évaluation de l’impact de la réforme des retraites de 1993”," Working Papers 2009-21, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpdeee:g2010-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (D3E)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.