Assessment of 3 reforms of the pension system for private wage earners with the microsimulation model Destinie
The microsimulation model Destinie developed at INSEE projects the evolution of a representative sample of the French population up to 2040. It thus proves very useful to assess the effect of pension schemes reforms in the private sector on participation behaviour and financial balances. The paper is organized as follows. A first section details the main characteristics of the model. A second section describes the situation of pensioners of successive cohorts : retirement age, distribution of contribution periods, mean level of pensions. A last section studies the consequences of 3 pension scheme reforms in the private sector: increase by 2.5 years of the contribution period necessary to get the full rate of pension ; possibility for wage earners cumulating more than 40 years of contribution at 58 to claim their pension benefits ; change in the revaluation rules of pension.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 41 17 50 50
Web page: http://www.insee.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Mahieu & B. Sédillot, 2000. "Microsimulations of the retirement decision: a supply side approach," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2000-07, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Burtless, Gary, 1986. "Social Security, Unanticipated Benefit Increases, and the Timing of Retirement," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 781-805, October.
- Ronan Mahieu & Didier Blanchet, 2004. "Estimating Models of Retirement Behavior on French Data," NBER Chapters, in: Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: Micro-Estimation, pages 235-284 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sveinbjörn Blöndal & Stefano Scarpetta, 1999. "The Retirement Decision in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 202, OECD Publishing.
- Jonathan Gruber & David Wise, 1997. "Social Security Programs and Retirement Around the World: Introduction and Summary of Papers by..," NBER Working Papers 6134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpdeee:g2002-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (D3E)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.