Tracking the Italian employees'TFR over their working life careers
In this paper we evaluate the expected evolution of the Trattamento di ?ne rapporto over the Italian employees?working life careers. We use adiminstrative (INPS) data to disentangle the amount that is expected to be accumulated until retirement, the amount expected not to accrue because of discountinuos working careers and/or paid as an anticipated withdrawal. This is relevant in the light of the recent pension system reforms that encourage the diversion of the TFR to pension funds.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 39 011 6705040
Fax: +39 011 6705042
Web page: http://www.cerp.carloalberto.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 1999. "What People Don't Know About Their Pensions and Social Security: An Analysis Using Linked Data from the Health and Retirement Study," NBER Working Papers 7368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Pacelli, Lia, 2004.
"Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4607, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Pacelli, Lia, 2008. "Do larger severance payments increase individual job duration?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 215-245, April.
- Pietro Garibaldi, 2004. "Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?," 2004 Meeting Papers 445b, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pietro Garibaldi & Lia Pacelli, 2007. "Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 39, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- James J. Heckman & Christopher J. Flinn, 1982.
"New Methods for Analyzing Structural Models of Labor Force Dynamics,"
NBER Working Papers
0856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Flinn, C. & Heckman, J., 1982. "New methods for analyzing structural models of labor force dynamics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 115-168, January.
- Engelhardt, Gary V., 2002. "Pre-Retirement Lump-Sum Pension Distributions and Retirement Income Security: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 55(4), pages 665-85, December.
- Hurd, Michael & Panis, Constantijn, 2006. "The choice to cash out pension rights at job change or retirement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(12), pages 2213-2227, December.
- Borella, Margherita & Fornero, Elsa & Rossi, Mariacristina, 2009. "Does consumption respond to predicted increases in cash-hand availability?: Evidence from the Italian "severance pay"," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 127-129, October.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L & Taylor, Mark P, 2000. "Unemployment Persistence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 24-50, January.
- Daniela Fabbri & Mario Padula, 2001. "Judicial Costs and Household Debt," CSEF Working Papers 65, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crp:wpaper:125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Maero)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.