Regulatory legacy, VoIP adoption and investment incentives
Access regulation has been designed for PSTN and the liberalization of the PSTN market. This paper explores the effects of the regulation on consumersâ€™ adoption of a new technology in the form of VoIP. It also discusses the link between access regulation and the incentives to invest in VoIP.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 80510, 2508 GM Den Haag|
Phone: (070) 338 33 80
Fax: (070) 338 33 50
Web page: http://www.cpb.nl/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul de Bijl & Martin Peitz, 2006. "Broadband Access in Europe: Challenges for Policy and Regulation," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 4(3), pages 10-15, October.
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005.
"Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges,"
2441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," MPRA Paper 2511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & Peitz, M., 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe : Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," Discussion Paper 2005-008, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Paul de Bijl & M. Peitz, 2008.
"Innovation, convergence and the role of regulation in the Netherlands and beyond,"
CPB Discussion Paper
108, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- de Bijl, Paul & Peitz, Martin, 2008. "Innovation, convergence and the role of regulation in the Netherlands and beyond," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 744-754, December.
- Paul Bijl & Martin Peitz, 2009.
"Access regulation and the adoption of VoIP,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 111-134, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpb:discus:153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.