A fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions
Any function from a non-empty polytope into itself that is locally gross direction preserving is shown to have the fixed point property. Brouwer's fixed point theorem for continuous functions is a special case. We discuss the application of the result in the area of non-cooperative game theory. This discussion paper has resulted in a publication in Operations Research Letters . (2008, vol. 36, issue 1, pp.89-93.)
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||In : Operations Research Letters, 36, 89-93, 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Talman, A.J.J. & Yamamoto, Y., 1989. "A simplicial algorithm for stationary point problems on polytopes," Other publications TiSEM 0d6b2de0-17c0-4d5e-963f-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dai, Y. & van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J. & Yamamoto, Y., 1989.
"A simplicial algorithm for the nonlinear stationary point problem on an unbounded polyhedron,"
1989-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Talman, A.J.J. & Dai, Y. & van der Laan, G. & Yamamoto, Y., 1991. "A simplicial algorithm for the nonlinear stationary point problem on an unbounded polyhedron," Other publications TiSEM d961dc7e-e203-4709-8a75-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, June.
- Philip J. Reny, 1999. "On the Existence of Pure and Mixed Strategy Nash Equilibria in Discontinuous Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1029-1056, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521319867 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521266550 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herings, P.J.J., 1997.
"Two Simple Proofs of the Feasibility of the Linear Tracing Procedure,"
1997-77, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- P. Jean-Jacques Herings, 2000. "Two simple proofs of the feasibility of the linear tracing procedure," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 485-490.
- Gérard Debreu (ed.), 1996. "General Equilibrium Theory," Books, Edward Elgar, volume 0, number 548, 6.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:-2154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.