Long-term care: the state, the market and the family
In this paper we study the optimal design of a long term care policy in a setting that includes three types of care to dependent parents: public nursing, private nursing and assistance in time by children. Private nursing can be financed either by financial aid from children or by private insurance. The social planner can use a number of instruments: public nursing, subsidy to aiding children, subsidy to private insurance premiums, all financed by a flat tax on earnings. Copyright (c) The London School of Economics and Political Science 2007.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||In : Economica, 75, 435-454, 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/coreEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alain Jousten & Barbara Lipszyc & Maurice Marchand & Pierre Pestieau, 2005.
"Long-term Care Insurance and Optimal Taxation for Altruistic Children,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(1), pages 1-, March.
- JOUSTEN, Alain & LIPSZYC, Barbara & MARCHAND, Maurice & PESTIEAU, Pierre, . "Long-term care insurance and optimal taxation for altruistic children," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1753, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, .
"Non-linear taxation of bequests, equal sharing rules and the tradeoff between intra- and inter-family inequalities,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1495, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2001. "Non-linear taxation of bequests, equal sharing rules and the tradeoff between intra- and inter-family inequalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 35-53, January.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Thomas J. Hoerger & Gabriel Picone, 1996. "Effects of Strategic Behavior and Public Subsidies on Families' Savings and Long-Term Care Decisions," Working Papers 96-01, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Sloan, Frank & Harold H. Zhang, 1995.
"Upstream Intergenerational Transfers,"
95-15, Duke University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:-2150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.