Global Environmental Risks
We consider the economics of global environmental risks. In this area, we are dealing with risks that are poorly understood, endogenous, collective, and irreversible. In policy terms, the nature and extent of uncertainty about global climate change implies that society's position will be dominated by two questions: What cost is worth incurring to reduce the poorly-understood risk of climate change, or to improve our understanding of the risk? How may existing social institutions, such as insurance contracts and securities markets, be used to provide the most efficient allocation of the risks associated with global climate change?
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (212) 854-3680
Fax: (212) 854-8059
Web page: http://www.econ.columbia.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William R. Cline, 1992. "Economics of Global Warming, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 39, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990.
"Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment,"
3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Malinvaud, E., 1972. "The allocation of individual risks in large markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 312-328, April.
- Wise, Sherry & Johnson, Stanley R. & Just, Richard E. & Bockstael, Nancy, 1991. "Commodity and Resource Policies in Agricultural Systems," Staff General Research Papers 396, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clu:wpaper:1993_03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Discussion Paper Coordinator)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.