Circulating Interest-Bearing Currency: An Arkansan Experiment, 1861-1863
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gherity, James A, 1993. "Interest-Bearing Currency: Evidence from the Civil War Experience: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 125-131, February.
- Makinen, Gail E & Woodward, G Thomas, 1999. "Use of Interest-Bearing Currency in the Civil War: The Experience below the Mason-Dixon Line," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 121-129, February.
- Richard C.K.Burdekin & Marc D.Weidenmier, 2002.
"Interest-Bearing Currency and Legal Restrictions Theory:Lessons from the Southern Confederacy,"
Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 22(2), pages 199-209, Fall.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Marc D. Weidenmier, "undated". "Interest-Bearing Currency and Legal Restrictions Theory: Lessons from the Southern Confederacy," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 1999-14, Claremont Colleges.
- Richard C. K. Burdekin & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2001.
"Inflation Is Always and Everywhere a Monetary Phenomenon: Richmond vs. Houston in 1864,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1621-1630, December.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Marc D. Weidenmier, "undated". "Inflation is Always and Everywhere a Monetary Phenomenon: Richmond vs. Houston in 1864," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 1999-31, Claremont Colleges.
- Cowen, Tyler & Kroszner, Randall, 1989. "Scottish Banking before 1845: A Model for Laissez-Faire?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 221-231, May.
- Gorton, Gary, 1996. "Reputation Formation in Early Bank Note Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 346-397, April.
- Makinen, Gail E & Woodward, G Thomas, 1986. "Some Anecdotal Evidence Relating to the Legal Restrictions Theory of the Demand for Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(2), pages 260-265, April.
More about this item
KeywordsLegal restrictions; interest-bearing currency; state finance;
- N42 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- N21 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2003-04-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FIN-2003-04-09 (Finance)
- NEP-HIS-2003-04-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2003-04-09 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clm:clmeco:2003-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmckus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.