Why is there Cross-Country Variation in Female Labor Force Participation Rates? The Role of Male Attitudes Toward Family and Sex Roles
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Christoph M. Schmidt, 2000.
"Interindustry and Interregion Differentials: Mechanics and Interpretation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(3), pages 516-521, August.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Christoph M. Schmidt, "undated". "Inter-Industry and Inter-Region Differentials: Mechanics and Interpretation," Working Papers 9504, SELAPO Center for Human Resources.
- Krueger, Alan B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1988. "Efficiency Wages and the Inter-industry Wage Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 259-293, March.
- James W. Albrecht & Per-Anders Edin & Susan B. Vroman, 2000.
"A Cross-country Comparison of Attitudes Towards Mothers Working and their Actual Labor Market Experience,"
CEIS, vol. 14(4), pages 591-607, December.
- Albrecht, J.W. & Edin, P.A. & Vroman, S.B., 1995. "A Cross-Country Comparison of Attitudes Towards Mothers Working and their Actual Labor Market Experience," Papers 1995-28, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Danièle Meulders & Robert Plasman & Valérie Vander Stricht, 1993. "Position of women on the labour market in the European Community," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13466, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antecol, Heather, 2000. "An examination of cross-country differences in the gender gap in labor force participation rates," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 409-426, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guido Heineck, 2007. "Religion, attitudes towards working mothers and women’s labor market participation: Evidence for Germany, Ireland, and the UK," Papers on Economics of Religion 07/03, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Tiago Cavalcanti & José Tavares, 2016.
"The Output Cost of Gender Discrimination: A Model‐based Macroeconomics Estimate,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(590), pages 109-134, February.
- Cavalcanti, Tiago & Tavares, José, 2007. "The Output Cost of Gender Discrimination: A Model-Based Macroeconomic Estimate," CEPR Discussion Papers 6477, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cavalcanti, Tiago V. de V. & Tavares, José, 2008. "The Output Cost of Gender Discrimination: A Model-Based Macroeconomic Estimate," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 43, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Jose Tavares & Tiago Cavalcanti, 2008. "The Output Cost of Gender Discrimination: A Model-Based Macroeconomic Estimate," 2008 Meeting Papers 684, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:oup:wbecrv:v:31:y:2017:i:3:p:747-766. is not listed on IDEAS
- Dante Contreras & Paulina Sepúlveda, 2017.
"Effect of Lengthening the School Day on Mother's Labor Supply,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(3), pages 747-766.
- Contreras,Dante & Sepulveda,Paulina, 2016. "Effect of lengthening the school day on mother's labor supply," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7599, The World Bank.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0013-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Jungmin Lee, 2007.
"Marriage, the Sharing Rule, and Pocket Money: The Case of South Korea,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 557-581.
- Lee, Jungmin, 2007. "Marriage, the Sharing Rule, and Pocket Money: The Case of South Korea," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(3), pages 557-581, April.
- Marcela Perticara, 2006. "Women’s Employment Transitions and Fertility," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv172, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
More about this item
KeywordsFamily Structure; Female Labor Force Participation; Social Norms; Culture;
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2003-02-10 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2003-02-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2003-02-10 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2003-02-10 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2003-02-10 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clm:clmeco:2003-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmckus.html .