Exporting Hyperinflation: The Long Arm of Chiang Kai-shek
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Whited, Hsin-hui I.H., 2005. "Exporting hyperinflation: The long arm of Chiang Kai-shek," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 71-89.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1987.
"The Postwar Institutional Evolution of the International Monetary System,"
NBER Chapters,in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 333-363
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1983. "The Postwar Institutional Evolution of the International Monetary System," NBER Chapters,in: The International Transmission of Inflation, pages 14-45 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laney, Leroy O. & Willett, Thomas D., 1982. "The international liquidity explosion and worldwide inflation: The evidence from sterilization coefficient estimates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 141-152, January.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don, 1977. "A Monetary Model of Exchange Market Pressure Applied to the Postwar Canadian Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 537-548, September.
- Ellis W. Tallman & De-Piao Tang & Ping Wang, 2003.
"Nominal and Real Disturbances and Money Demand in Chinese Hyperinflation,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(2), pages 234-249, April.
- Ellis W. Tallman & De-piao Tang & Ping Wang, 2002. "Nominal and real disturbances and money demand in the Chinese hyperinflation," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1973. "Rational Expectations and the Dynamics of Hyperinflation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 328-350, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard CK Burdekin & Ilan Noy, 2005. "What Has Driven Chinese Monetary Policy Since 1990? Investigating the People's Bank's Policy Rule," Economics Study Area Working Papers 85, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
More about this item
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clm:clmeco:2001-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmckus.html .