Horizontal Mergers and Exit in Declining Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Darren Filson & Bunchon Songsamphant, 2005. "Horizontal mergers and exit in declining industries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 129-132.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary E. Deily, 1991. "Exit Strategies and Plant-Closing Decisions: The Case of Steel," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(2), pages 250-263, Summer.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "A Theory of Exit in Duopoly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 943-960, July.
- King, Stephen P, 1998. "The Behaviour of Declining Industries," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 74(226), pages 217-230, September.
- Dutz, Mark A., 1989. "Horizontal mergers in declining industries : Theory and evidence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 11-33, March.
- Eric J. Bartelsman & Wayne Gray, 1996. "The NBER Manufacturing Productivity Database," NBER Technical Working Papers 0205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- April Mitchell Franco & Darren Filson, 2000. "Knowledge Diffusion through Employee Mobility," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-61, Claremont Colleges.
- Filson, Darren, et al, 2001.
"Market Power and Cartel Formation: Theory and an Empirical Test,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 465-480, October.
- Darren Filson & Edward Keen & Eric Fruits & Thomas E. Borcherding, "undated". "Market Power and Cartel Formation: Theory and an Empirical Test," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-31, Claremont Colleges.
- Filson, Darren, 2002.
"Product and process innovations in the life cycle of an industry,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 97-112, September.
- Darren Filson, "undated". "Product and Process Innovations in the Life Cycle of an Industry," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-30, Claremont Colleges.
- Pankaj Ghemawat & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "The Devolution of Declining Industries," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 167-186.
- Baden-Fuller, Charles W F, 1989. "Exit from Declining Industries and the Case of Steel Castings," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 949-961, December.
- Raymond Deneckere & Carl Davidson, 1985. "Incentives to Form Coalitions with Bertrand Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 473-486, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Angelo Castaldo & Laura Ferrari-Bravo, 2014. "Mergers in declining industries: puzzles from competition and industrial policies," Public Finance Research Papers 9, Istituto di Economia e Finanza, DIGEF, Sapienza University of Rome.
- Esteve-Perez, Silviano, 2005. "Exit with vertical product differentiation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 227-247, April.
- Mathias Erlei & Jens-Peter Springmann, 2006. "Small is Successful!?," TUC Working Papers in Economics 0005, Abteilung für Volkswirtschaftslehre, Technische Universität Clausthal (Department of Economics, Technical University Clausthal).
- Keith Hylton, 2011. "Brown Shoe Versus the Horizontal Merger Guidelines," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 39(1), pages 95-106, August.
More about this item
Keywordstakeover; restructuring; consolidation; industry dynamics; failing industries;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clm:clmeco:2001-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmckus.html .