Market Power and Cartel Formation: Theory and an Empirical Test
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Filson, Darren, et al, 2001. "Market Power and Cartel Formation: Theory and an Empirical Test," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 465-480, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fuess, Scott M, Jr & Loewenstein, Mark A, 1990. "Further Analysis of the Theory of Economic Regulation: The Case of the 1969 Coal Mine Health and Safety Act," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(2), pages 354-389, April.
- Dick, Andrew R, 1996. "When Are Cartels Stable Contracts?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 241-283, April.
- Pashigian, B Peter, 1985. "Environmental Regulation: Whose Self-interests Are Being Protected?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(4), pages 551-584, October.
- Bartel, Ann P & Thomas, Lacy Glenn, 1985. "Direct and Indirect Effects of Regulation: A New Look at OSHA's Impact," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-25, April.
- Maloney, Michael T & McCormick, Robert E, 1982. "A Positive Theory of Environmental Quality Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 99-123, April.
- Roy J. Smith, 1961. "The Lemon Prorate in the Long Run," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 573-573.
- George J. Stigler, 1974. "Free Riders and Collective Action: An Appendix to Theories of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 5(2), pages 359-365, Autumn.
- Gardner, Bruce L, 1987. "Causes of U.S. Farm Commodity Programs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 290-310, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Swoboda, Sandra Maria, 2017. "Einfluss ausgewählter Determinanten auf die Kartellbildung und -stabilität: Eine Literaturstudie," Arbeitspapiere 176, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Balagtas, Joseph Valdes & Masters, William J. & Zimmer, Timothy, 2005. "Cartel Pricing with Entry: the Experience of the Far West Marketing Order for Spearmint," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19328, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- John M. Crespi & Adriana Chacón-Cascante, 2004.
"Do U.S. marketing orders have much market power? An examination of the Almond Board of California,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 1-15.
- Crespi, John M. & Chacon-Cascante, Adriana, 2002. "Do U.S. Marketing Orders Have Much Market Power? An Examination Of The Almond Board Of California," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19888, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bernd-O. Heine & Matthias Meyer & Oliver Strangfeld, 2005. "Stylised Facts and the Contribution of Simulation to the Economic Analysis of Budgeting," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 8(4), pages 1-4.
- Plakias, Zoe T. & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Williams, Jeffrey, 2015. "Producer Attitudes Toward Mandatory Agricultural Marketing Organizations: Evidence from the California Fresh Peach and Nectarine Industry," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205739, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Darren Filson & Bunchon Songsamphant, 2005.
"Horizontal mergers and exit in declining industries,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 129-132.
- Darren Filson & Bunchon Songsamphant, "undated". "Horizontal Mergers and Exit in Declining Industries," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-13, Claremont Colleges.
- Matt Lindsay & Robert Deacon & Darren Filson, 2014. "Tom Borcherding," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 160(1), pages 1-6, July.
- Switgard Feuerstein, 2005. "Collusion in Industrial Economics—A Survey," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 163-198, December.
- Margaret C. Levenstein & Valerie Y. Suslow, 2016. "Price Fixing Hits Home: An Empirical Study of US Price-Fixing Conspiracies," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 48(4), pages 361-379, June.
More about this item
Keywordsmarketing order; cartel; collusion; empirical; agriculture;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clm:clmeco:2000-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmckus.html .