Zoning and the Distribution of Locational Rents: An Empirical Analysis of Harris County Texas
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jeremy R. Groves & Eric Helland, 2002. "Zoning and the Distribution of Location Rents: An Empirical Analysis of Harris County, Texas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 28-44.
References listed on IDEAS
- Speyrer, Janet Furman, 1989. "The Effect of Land-Use Restrictions on Market Values of Single-Family Homes in Houston," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 117-130, June.
- Frech, H. III & Lafferty, Ronald N., 1984. "The effect of the California Coastal Commission on housing prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 105-123, July.
- McMillen Daniel P. & McDonald John F., 1993. "Could Zoning Have Increased Land Values in Chicago?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 167-188, March.
- McDonald, John F & McMillen, Daniel P, 1998. "Land Values, Land Use, and the First Chicago Zoning Ordinance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 135-150, March.
- Geltner, David & Riddiough, Timothy & Stojanovic, Srdjan, 1996. "Insights on the Effect of Land Use Choice: The Perpetual Option on the Best of Two Underlying Assets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 20-50, January.
- Wallace, Nancy E., 1988. "The market effects of zoning undeveloped land: Does zoning follow the market?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-326, May.
- Henry O. Pollakowski & Susan M. Wachter, 1990. "The Effects of Land-Use Constraints on Housing Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(3), pages 315-324.
- White, James R., 1988. "Large lot zoning and subdivision costs: A test," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 370-384, May.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F., 1991. "A simultaneous equations model of zoning and land values," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-72, May.
- Grieson, Ronald E. & White, James R., 1981. "The effects of zoning on structure and land markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 271-285, November.
- J.M. Pogodzinski & Tim R. Sass, 1991. "Measuring the Effects of Municipal Zoning Regulations: A Survey," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 28(4), pages 597-621, August.
- Crone, Theodore M., 1983. "Elements of an economic justification for municipal zoning," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 168-183, September.
- Gerrit J. Knaap, 1997. "The Price Effects of Urban Growth Boundaries in Metropolitan Portland, Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 26-35.
- Daniel P. McMillen & John F. McDonald, 2002. "Land Values In A Newly Zoned City," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 62-72, February.
- Joseph Tracy & Henry Schneider & Sewin Chan, 1999. "Are stocks overtaking real estate in household portfolios?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 5(Apr).
- William Fischel, 1980. "Externalities and zoning," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 37-43, January.
- Ohls, James C. & Weisberg, Richard Chadbourn & White, Michelle J., 1974. "The effect of zoning on land value," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 428-444, October.
- Curran, Christopher & Schrag, Joel, 2000. "Does It Matter Whom an Agent Serves? Evidence from Recent Changes in Real Estate Agency Law," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(1), pages 265-284, April.
- Mark, Jonathan H. & Goldberg, Michael A., 1986. "A study of the impacts of zoning on housing values over time," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 257-273, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B. James Deaton & John P. Hoehn & Patricia E. Norris, 2007.
"Net Buyers, Net Sellers, and Agricultural Landowner Support for Agricultural Zoning,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 83(2), pages 153-165.
- Deaton, Brady J., Jr. & Hoehn, John P. & Norris, Patricia E., 2005. "Net Buyers, Net Sellers, and Agricultural Landowner Support for Agricultural Zoning," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19391, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:rri:wpaper:200412 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:regeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:69-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Young, 2004. "Effects of Zoning on Residential Option Value," Working Papers Working Paper 2004-12, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
More about this item
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-07-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clm:clmeco:2000-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmckus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.