Time for Helping
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Ghinetti, Paolo & Turati, Gilberto, 2011.
"On time and money donations,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 853-867.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Paolo Ghinetti & Gilberto Turati, 2007. "On Time and Money Donations," CESifo Working Paper Series 2140, CESifo.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Paolo Ghinetti & Gilberto Turati, 2007. "On Time and Money Donations," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia dell'Impresa e del Lavoro ieil0047, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Linardi, Sera & McConnell, Margaret A., 2011.
"No excuses for good behavior: Volunteering and the social environment,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(5-6), pages 445-454, June.
- Linardi, Sera & McConnell, Margaret A., 2011. "No excuses for good behavior: Volunteering and the social environment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(5), pages 445-454.
- Christoph Engel, 2011.
"Dictator games: a meta study,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(4), pages 583-610, November.
- Christoph Engel, 2010. "Dictator Games: A Meta Study," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_07, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, revised Jan 2011.
- Charles Noussair & Jan Stoop, 2015.
"Time as a medium of reward in three social preference experiments,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 18(3), pages 442-456, September.
- Noussair, C.N. & Stoop, J.T.R., 2012. "Time as a Medium of Reward in Three Social Preference Experiments," Other publications TiSEM 39363f50-eacb-4bad-b510-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Noussair, C.N. & Stoop, J.T.R., 2012. "Time as a Medium of Reward in Three Social Preference Experiments," Discussion Paper 2012-068, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Leclerc, France & Schmitt, Bernd H & Dube, Laurette, 1995. "Waiting Time and Decision Making: Is Time like Money?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 110-119, June.
- Craig, Ashley & Garbarino, Ellen & Heger, Stephanie A. & Slonim, Robert, 2014. "Waiting To Give," IZA Discussion Papers 8491, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dan Ariely & Anat Bracha & Stephan Meier, 2009.
"Doing Good or Doing Well? Image Motivation and Monetary Incentives in Behaving Prosocially,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 544-555, March.
- Dan Ariely & Anat Bracha & Stephan Meier, 2007. "Doing good or doing well? Image motivation and monetary incentives in behaving prosocially," Working Papers 07-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 2007.
- Ariely, Dan & Bracha, Anat & Meier, Stephan, 2007. "Doing Good or Doing Well? Image Motivation and Monetary Incentives in Behaving Prosocially," IZA Discussion Papers 2968, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carpenter, Jeffrey & Myers, Caitlin Knowles, 2010.
"Why volunteer? Evidence on the role of altruism, image, and incentives,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 911-920, December.
- Jeffrey Carpenter & Caitlin Knowles Myers, 2010. "Why Volunteer? Evidence on the Role of Altruism, Image, and Incentives," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 1023, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Jean Tirole & Roland Bénabou, 2006.
"Incentives and Prosocial Behavior,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1652-1678, December.
- Bénabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," IDEI Working Papers 389, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jan 2006.
- Roland Bénabou & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," Post-Print hal-00173700, HAL.
- Roland Bénabou & Jean Tirole, 2005. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," NBER Working Papers 11535, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland Benabou & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," Working Papers 137, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Discussion Papers in Economics.
- Bénabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Incentives and Prosocial Behaviour," CEPR Discussion Papers 4633, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2005. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 1695, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus, 2009.
"Time is not money,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 96-102, October.
- Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus, 2006. "Time is not money," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 663, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Tore Ellingsen & Magnus Johannesson, 2009. "Time Is Not Money," Post-Print hal-00699366, HAL.
- Armin Falk & Andrea Ichino, 2006. "Clean Evidence on Peer Effects," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 39-58, January.
- Forsythe Robert & Horowitz Joel L. & Savin N. E. & Sefton Martin, 1994. "Fairness in Simple Bargaining Experiments," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 347-369, May.
- Festjens, Anouk & Bruyneel, Sabrina & Diecidue, Enrico & Dewitte, Siegfried, 2015. "Time-based versus money-based decision making under risk: An experimental investigation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 52-72.
- Hoffman, Elizabeth & McCabe, Kevin & Smith, Vernon L, 1996. "Social Distance and Other-Regarding Behavior in Dictator Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 653-660, June.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sebastian J. Goerg & Sebastian Kube & Jonas Radbruch, 2019.
"The Effectiveness of Incentive Schemes in the Presence of Implicit Effort Costs,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(9), pages 4063-4078, September.
- Goerg, Sebastian J. & Kube, Sebastian & Radbruch, Jonas, 2017. "The Effectiveness of Incentive Schemes in the Presence of Implicit Effort Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 10546, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Felix Koelle & Lukas Wenner, 2018. "Present-Biased Generosity: Time Inconsistency across Individual and Social Contexts," Discussion Papers 2018-02, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Jeworrek, Sabrina & Mertins, Vanessa, 2019. "Mission, motivation, and the active decision to work for a social cause," IWH Discussion Papers 10/2019, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Kölle, Felix & Wenner, Lukas, 2019. "Time-Inconsistent Generosity: Present Bias across Individual and Social Contexts," VfS Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203505, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Alexander L. Davis & Nadja R. Jehli & John H. Miller & Roberto A. Weber, 2011. "Generosity across contexts," ECON - Working Papers 050, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Mar 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsLaboratory experiment; social preferences; time; opportunity costs; volunteering; altruism;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2014-09-29 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2014-09-29 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2014-09-29 (German Papers)
- NEP-HRM-2014-09-29 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-SOC-2014-09-29 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgr:cgsser:05-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Kusterer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgkoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.