Efficiency in Repeated Two-Action Games with Local Monitoring
The paper discusses community enforcement in infinitely repeated two-action games with local monitoring. Each player interacts with and observes only a fixed set of partners, of whom he is privately informed. The main result shows that for generic beliefs efficiency can be sustained in a sequential equilibrium in which strategies are independent of theplayers' beliefs about the monitoring structure. Stronger results are obtained when players are arbitrarily patient and payoffs are evaluated according to Banach-Mazur limits, and when players are impatient and only acyclic monitoring structures are allowed.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markus Kinateder, 2006.
"Repeated Games Played in a Network,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
674.06, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Itay Fainmesser, 2010.
"Community Structure and Market Outcomes: A Repeated Games in Networks Approach,"
2010-14, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Itay P. Fainmesser, 2012. "Community Structure and Market Outcomes: A Repeated Games-in-Networks Approach," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 32-69, February.
- Spagnolo, Giancarlo & Lippert, Steffen, 2004.
"Networks of Relations,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
570, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 03 May 2005.
- Lippert, Steffen & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2011. "Networks of relations and Word-of-Mouth Communication," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 202-217, May.
- Giancarlo Spagnolo & Steffen Lippert, 2004. "Networks of Relations," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 496, Econometric Society.
- Lippert, Steffen & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2004. "Networks of Relations," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 28, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Lippert, Steffen & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2005. "Networks of Relations and Social Capital," CEPR Discussion Papers 5078, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Miller & Nageeb Ali, 2008.
"Cooperation and Collective Enforcement in Networked Societies,"
2008 Meeting Papers
970, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Francis Bloch & Garance Genicot, 2005.
"Informal Insurance in Social Networks,"
2005 Meeting Papers
156, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Francis Bloch (GREQAM and Universite de la Mediterranee), Garance Genicot (Georgetown University, and Debraj Ray (New York University and Instituto de Analisis Economico (CSIC)), 2004. "Informal Insurance in Social Networks," Working Papers gueconwpa~04-04-16, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Itay P. Fainmesser & David A. Goldberg, 2011. "Bilateral and Community Enforcement in a Networked Market with Simple Strategies," Working Papers 2011-2, Brown University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stitep:/2012/560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.