Specification For Lattice Processes
We consider an omnibus test for the correct speci…cation of the dynamics of a sequence fx (t)gt2Zd in a lattice. As it happens with causal models and d = 1, its asymptotic distribution is not pivotal and depends on the estimator of the unknown parameters of the model under the null hypothesis. One of our main goals of the paper is to provide a transformation to obtain an asymptotic distribution that is free of nuisance parameters. Secondly, we propose a bootstrap analogue of the transformation and show its validity. Third, we discuss the results when fx (t)gt2Zd are the errors of a parametric regression model. As a by product, we also discuss the asymptotic normality of the least squares estimators under very mild conditions. Finally, we present a small Monte Carlo experiment to shed some light on the …nite sample behaviour of our test.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter M. Robinson & J. Vidal Sanz, 2005.
"Modified whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
4545, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robinson, P.M. & Vidal Sanz, J., 2006. "Modified Whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1090-1120, May.
- Peter M Robinson & J Vidal Sanz, 2005. "Modified Whittle Estimation of Multilateral Models on a Lattice," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2005/492, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2010.
"Noncausal autoregressions for economic time series,"
32943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lanne Markku & Saikkonen Pentti, 2011. "Noncausal Autoregressions for Economic Time Series," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-32, October.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005.
"Distribution Free Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear Processes,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2005/482, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005. "Distribution free goodness-of-fit tests for linear processes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6840, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hong, Yongmiao, 1996. "Consistent Testing for Serial Correlation of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 837-64, July.
- Yoshihiro Yajima & Yasumasa Matsuda, 2008. "Asymptotic Properties of the LSE of a Spatial Regression in both Weakly and Strongly Dependent Stationary Random Fields," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-587, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Jenish, Nazgul & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2009. "Central limit theorems and uniform laws of large numbers for arrays of random fields," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(1), pages 86-98, May.
- Efstathios Paparoditis, 2000. "Spectral Density Based Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Time Series Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(1), pages 143-176.
- Jun Zhu & Hsin-Cheng Huang & Perla E. Reyes, 2010. "On selection of spatial linear models for lattice data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(3), pages 389-402.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stiecm:/2013/562. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.