Finite Sample Improvement in Statistical Inference with I(1) Processes
Robinson and Marinucci (1998) investigated the asymptotic behaviour of a narrow-band semiparametric procedure termed Frequency Domain Least Squares (FDLS) in the broad context of fractional cointegration analysis. Here we restrict to the standard case when the data are I(1) and the cointegrating errors are I(0), proving that modifications of the Fully-Modified Ordinary Least Squares (FM-OLS) procedure of Phillips and Hansen (1990) which use the FDLS idea have the same asymptotically desirable properties as FM-OLS, and, on the basis of a Monte Carlo study, find evidence that they have superior finite-sample properties; the new procedures are also shown to compare satisfactorily with parametric estimates.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1988.
"Optimal Inference in Cointegrated Systems,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
866R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Aug 1989.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1988.
"Weak Convergence of Sample Covariance Matrices to Stochastic Integrals Via Martingale Approximations,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 528-533, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1987. "Weak Convergence of Sample Covariance Matrices to Stochastic Integrals via Martingale Approximations," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 846, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- D Marinucci & Peter M. Robinson, 1998. "Semiparametric frequency domain analysis of fractional cointegration," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2258, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrew Harvey (ed.), 1994. "Time Series," Books, Edward Elgar, volume 0, number 599.
- Gonzalo, Jesus, 1994. "Five alternative methods of estimating long-run equilibrium relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 203-233.
- Davidson, James E H, et al, 1978. "Econometric Modelling of the Aggregate Time-Series Relationship between Consumers' Expenditure and Income in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 661-92, December.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stiecm:/2001/422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.