Escalation Bargaining: Theoretical Analysis and Experimental Test
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Swee-Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann & Jeremy Larner, 2011. "Escalation Bargaining: Theoretical Analysis and Experimental Test," ICBBR Working Papers 16, International Centre for Behavioural Business Research.
- Swee-Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann & Jeremy Larner, 2011. "Escalation Bargaining: Theoretical Analysis and Experimental Test," Discussion Papers 2011-05, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1982. "Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 97-109, January.
- Iñaki Rodriguez-Prieto & Esteban Fernández-Juricic & José Martín & Yohana Regis, 2009. "Antipredator behavior in blackbirds: habituation complements risk allocation," Behavioral Ecology, International Society for Behavioral Ecology, vol. 20(2), pages 371-377.
- Engelmann, Dirk & Steiner, Jakub, 2007. "The effects of risk preferences in mixed-strategy equilibria of 2x2 games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 381-388, August.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Roberto A., 1999.
"The econometrics and behavioral economics of escalation of commitment: a re-examination of Staw and Hoang's NBA data,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 59-82, May.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Roberto A., 1998. "The Econometrics and Behavioral Economics of Escalation of Commitment: A Re-examination of Staw and Hoang's NBA Data," Working Papers 1043, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Pankaj Ghemawat, 1997. "Games Businesses Play: Cases and Models," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262071827, January.
- Goeree, Jacob K. & Holt, Charles A. & Palfrey, Thomas R., 2003. "Risk averse behavior in generalized matching pennies games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 97-113, October.
- Fetherstonhaugh, David & Slovic, Paul & Johnson, Stephen & Friedrich, James, 1997. "Insensitivity to the Value of Human Life: A Study of Psychophysical Numbing," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 283-300, May-June.
- R. J. Aumann & J. H. Dreze, 2009.
"Assessing Strategic Risk,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16, February.
- R. J. Aumann & J. H. Dreze, 2004. "Assessing Strategic Risk," Discussion Paper Series dp361, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- AUMANN, Robert J. & DREZE, Jacques H., 2009. "Assessing strategic risk," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2089, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- R.J., AUMANN & Jacques-Henri, DREZE, 2005. "Assessing Strategic Risk," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005020, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- AUMANN, Robert J. & DREZE, Jacques H., 2005. "Assessing strategic risk," CORE Discussion Papers 2005020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carpenter, Jeffrey & Rudisill, McAndrew, 2003. "Fairness, escalation, deference, and spite: strategies used in labor-management bargaining experiments with outside options," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 427-442, August.
- Shaun Hargreaves-Heap & Yanis Varoufakis, 2002. "Some Experimental Evidence On The Evolution Of Discrimination, Co--Operation And Perceptions Of Fairness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(481), pages 679-703, July.
- Brams, Steven J. & Kilgour, D. Marc, 1985. "Winding Down if Preemption or Escalation Occurs: A Game-Theoretic Analysis," Working Papers 85-30, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 1992. "The Inexact and Separate Science of Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521415019, March.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 1992. "The Inexact and Separate Science of Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521425230, March.
- Colin Camerer & Richard H. Thaler, 2003. "In Honor of Matthew Rabin: Winner of the John Bates Clark Medal," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 159-176, Summer.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fuhai Hong & Larry Karp, 2014.
"International Environmental Agreements with Endogenous or Exogenous Risk,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 365-394.
- Fuhai HONG & Larry KARP, 2013. "International Environmental Agreements with Endogenous or Exogenous Risk," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1310, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Wilhelms, Steven C. & Coatney, Kalyn T. & Chaudhry, Anita M. & Rodgers, Aaron D., 2016. "Brinkmanship on the Commons: A Laboratory Experiment Related to African Pulaar Herders," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230085, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsescalation; brinkmanship; chicken game; experiments;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2011-06-25 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2011-06-25 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2011-06-25 (Game Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdx:dpaper:2011-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Suzanne Robey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdnotuk.html .