Option Pricing by Students and Professional Traders: A Behavioural Investigation
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Klaus Abbink & Bettina Rockenbach, 2006. "Option pricing by students and professional traders: a behavioural investigation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(6), pages 497-510.
- Klaus Abbink & Bettina Rockenbach, 2005. "Option Pricing by Students and Professional Traders: A Behavioural Investigation," Discussion Papers 2005-12, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
References listed on IDEAS
- Forsythe, Robert & Palfrey, Thomas R & Plott, Charles R, 1984. " Futures Markets and Informational Efficiency: A Laboratory Examination," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 955-981, September.
- Dyer, Douglas & Kagel, John H & Levin, Dan, 1989.
"A Comparison of Naive and Experienced Bidders in Common Value Offer Auctions: A Laboratory Analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 108-115, March.
- Dyer, D. & Kagel, J.H. & Levin, D., 1988. "A Comparison Of Naive And Experienced Bidders In Common Value Offer Auctions A Laboratory Analysis," Papers 11, Houston - Department of Economics.
- Banks Jeffrey & Camerer Colin & Porter David, 1994.
"An Experimental Analysis of Nash Refinements in Signaling Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Banks, Jeffrey & Camerer, Colin & Porter, David., 1990. "An Experimental Analysis of Nash Refinements in Signaling Games," Working Papers 740, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Abbink, Klaus & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 1995. "RatImage - research Assistance Toolbox for Computer-Aided Human Behavior Experiments," Discussion Paper Serie B 325, University of Bonn, Germany.
- C. Bram Cadsby & Elizabeth Maynes, 1998. "Laboratory experiments in corporate and investment finance: a survey," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4-5), pages 277-298.
- Dejong, Douglas V. & Forsythe, Robert & Uecker, Wilfred C., 1988.
"A note on the use of businessmen as subjects in sealed offer markets,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Douglas DeJong & Robert Forsythe & Wilfred Uecker, 1988. "A note on the use of businessmen as subjects in sealed offer markets," Artefactual Field Experiments 00039, The Field Experiments Website.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Barner & Francesco Feri & Charles R. Plott, 2005.
"On the microstructure of price determination and information aggregation with sequential and asymmetric information arrival in an experimental asset market,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 73-107, January.
- Barner, Martin & Feri, Francesco & Plott, Charles, 2004. "On the Microstructure of Price Determination and Information Aggregation with Sequential and Asymmetric Information Arrival in an Experimental Asset Market," Working Papers 1204, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Crosetto, P. & Gaudeul, A., 2014.
"Choosing whether to compete: Price and format competition with consumer confusion,"
2014-08, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Gaudeul, Alexia & Crosetto, Paolo, 2016. "Choosing whether to compete: Price and format competition with consumer confusion," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145875, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Paolo Crosetto & Alexia Gaudeul, 2014. "Choosing whether to compete: Price and format competition with consumer confusion," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-026, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Ganglmair, Bernhard & Holcomb, Alex & Myung, Noah, 2016. "Cutthroats or comrades: Information sharing among competing fund managers," MPRA Paper 71506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kristiana Hansen & Jonathan Kaplan & Stephan Kroll, 2014.
"Valuing Options in Water Markets: A Laboratory Investigation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 57(1), pages 59-80, January.
- Hansen, Kristiana & Kaplan, Jonathan D. & Kroll, Stephan, 2008. "Valuing Options in Water Markets: A Laboratory Investigation," Working Papers 108722, Colorado State University, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker & Christian Zankiewicz, 2013.
"Hidden Skewness: On the Difficulty of Multiplicative Compounding under Random Shocks,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1337, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Zankiewicz, Christian & Ensthaler, Ludwig & Nottmeyer, Olga & Weizsäcker, Georg, 2015. "Hidden skewness: On the difficulty of multiplicative compounding under random shocks," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112815, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker & Christian Zankiewicz, 2014. "Hidden Skewness: On the Difficulty of Multiplicative Compounding under Random Shocks," CESifo Working Paper Series 4760, CESifo Group Munich.
- Da Costa, Newton & Goulart, Marco & Cupertino, Cesar & Macedo, Jurandir & Da Silva, Sergio, 2013. "The disposition effect and investor experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1669-1675.
- Blaufus, Kay & Möhlmann, Axel, 2012. "Security returns and tax aversion bias: Behavioral responses to tax labels," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 133, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:85-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker, 2010.
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1043, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ensthaler, Ludwig & Nottmeyer, Olga & Weizsäcker, Georg, 2010. "Hidden Skewness," IZA Discussion Papers 5109, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker, 2012. "Hidden Skewness," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1238, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Goerg, Sebastian J. & Walkowitz, Gari, 2010.
"On the prevalence of framing effects across subject-pools in a two-person cooperation game,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 849-859, December.
- Sebastian J. Goerg & Gari Walkowitz, 2010. "On the Prevalence of Framing Effects Across Subject-Pools in a Two- Person Cooperation Game," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_28, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Martina Nardon & Paolo Pianca, 2014. "European option pricing with constant relative sensitivity probability weighting function," Working Papers 2014:25, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Christian Wolff & Thorsten Lehnert & Cokki Versluis, 2009. "A Cumulative Prospect Theory Approach to Option Pricing," LSF Research Working Paper Series 09-03, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Fochmann, Martin & Kiesewetter, Dirk & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2012.
"Investment behavior and the biased perception of limited loss deduction in income taxation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 230-242.
- Martin Fochmann & Dirk Kiesewetter & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2010. "Investment Behavior and the Biased Perception of Limited Loss Deduction in Income Taxation," FEMM Working Papers 100004, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Gurevich, Gregory & Kliger, Doron & Levy, Ori, 2009. "Decision-making under uncertainty - A field study of cumulative prospect theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1221-1229, July.
- Burmeister-Lamp, Katrin & Lévesque, Moren & Schade, Christian, 2012. "Are entrepreneurs influenced by risk attitude, regulatory focus or both? An experiment on entrepreneurs' time allocation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 456-476.
- Martina Nardon & Paolo Pianca, 2012. "Prospect theory: An application to European option pricing," Working Papers 2012:34, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
More about this item
KeywordsExperiment; Option Pricing; Arbitrage; Bounded Rationality;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2006-01-24 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-01-24 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdx:dpaper:2005-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Suzanne Robey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdnotuk.html .