Counterfactuals and the Prisoner?s Dilemma
This is the first draft of a chapter in a planned book on the Prisoner?s Dilemma, edited by Martin Peterson, to be published by Cambridge University Press. It discusses the nature of the conditionals involved in deliberation, taking the Prisoner's Dilemma game as point of departure.
|Date of creation:||17 May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616-8578|
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oliver Board, 2002.
"Dynamic Interactive Epistemology,"
Economics Series Working Papers
125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 2012. "Preference, Value, Choice, and Welfare," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107695122, Junio.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 2012. "Preference, Value, Choice, and Welfare," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107015432, Junio.
- Halpern, Joseph Y., 2001.
"Substantive Rationality and Backward Induction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 425-435, November.
- Wolfgang Spohn, 2003. "Dependency Equilibria and the Casual Structure of Decision and Game Situations," Homo Oeconomicus, Institute of SocioEconomics, vol. 20, pages 195-255.
- Brandenburger, Adam & Friedenberg, Amanda, 2008.
"Intrinsic correlation in games,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 28-67, July.
- Zambrano Eduardo, 2004. "Counterfactual Reasoning and Common Knowledge of Rationality in Normal Form Games," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-25, November.
- Joseph Y. Halpern, 1999. "Hypothetical knowledge and counterfactual reasoning," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(3), pages 315-330.
- Oliver Board, 2006. "The Equivalence of Bayes and Causal Rationality in Games," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 1-19, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cda:wpaper:13-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Scott Dyer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.