Counterfactuals and the Prisoner?s Dilemma
This is the first draft of a chapter in a planned book on the Prisoner?s Dilemma, edited by Martin Peterson, to be published by Cambridge University Press. It discusses the nature of the conditionals involved in deliberation, taking the Prisoner's Dilemma game as point of departure.
|Date of creation:||17 May 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616-8578|
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph Y. Halpern, 1999. "Hypothetical knowledge and counterfactual reasoning," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(3), pages 315-330.
- Board, Oliver, 2004.
"Dynamic interactive epistemology,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 49-80, October.
- Oliver Board, 2002. "Dynamic Interactive Epistemology," Economics Series Working Papers 125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Halpern, Joseph Y., 2001. "Substantive Rationality and Backward Induction," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 425-435, November.
- Joseph Y. Halpern, 2000. "Substantive Rationality and Backward Induction," Game Theory and Information 0004008, EconWPA.
- Zambrano Eduardo, 2004. "Counterfactual Reasoning and Common Knowledge of Rationality in Normal Form Games," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-25, November.
- Adam Brandenburger & Amanda Friedenberg, 2014. "Intrinsic Correlation in Games," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: The Language of Game Theory Putting Epistemics into the Mathematics of Games, chapter 4, pages 59-111 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Brandenburger, Adam & Friedenberg, Amanda, 2008. "Intrinsic correlation in games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 28-67, July.
- Wolfgang Spohn, 2003. "Dependency Equilibria and the Casual Structure of Decision and Game Situations," Homo Oeconomicus, Institute of SocioEconomics, vol. 20, pages 195-255.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 2012. "Preference, Value, Choice, and Welfare," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107695122, January.
- Oliver Board, 2006. "The Equivalence of Bayes and Causal Rationality in Games," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 1-19, 08.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 2012. "Preference, Value, Choice, and Welfare," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107015432, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cda:wpaper:13-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Scott Dyer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.