Perfect Bayesian equilibrium. Part II: epistemic foundations
In a companion paper we introduced a general notion of perfect Bayesian equilibrium which can be applied to arbitrary extensive-form games. The essential ingredient of the proposed definition is the qualitative notion of AGM-consistency. In this paper we provide an epistemic foundation for AGM-consistency based on the AGM theory of belief revision.
|Date of creation:||19 Jan 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616-8578|
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierpaolo Battigalli & Alfredo Di Tillio & Dov Samet, 2011. "Strategies and interactive beliefs in dynamic games," Working Papers 375, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2013.
"AGM-consistency and perfect Bayesian equilibrium. Part I: definition and properties,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Game Theory Society, vol. 42(3), pages 567-592, August.
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2010. "AGM-consistency and perfect Bayesian equilibrium. Part I: definition and properties," Working Papers 1017, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Kohlberg, Elon & Reny, Philip J., 1997. "Independence on Relative Probability Spaces and Consistent Assessments in Game Trees," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 280-313, August.
- David M Kreps & Robert Wilson, 2003.
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000813, David K. Levine.
- Martin J. Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 1994.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650401, March.
- Battigalli, Pierpaolo, 1996. "Strategic Independence and Perfect Bayesian Equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 201-234, July.
- Perea y Monsuwe, Andres & Jansen, Mathijs & Peters, Hans, 1997. "Characterization of Consistent Assessments in Extensive Form Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 238-252, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cda:wpaper:11-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Scott Dyer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.