Milton Friedman?s Stance: The Methodology of Causal Realism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Mayer, 1995. "Doing Economic Research," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 305, April.
- James Tobin, 1970. "Money and Income: Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 301-317.
- Frazer, William J, Jr & Boland, Lawrence A, 1983. "An Essay on the Foundations of Friedman's Methodology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 129-144, March.
- Thomas Mayer, 1992. "Truth versus precision in economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 307, April.
- Mayer, Thomas, 1993. "Friedman's Methodology of Positive Economics: A Soft Reading," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(2), pages 213-223, April.
- D. Wade Hands, 2003. "Did Milton Friedman's methodology license the Formalist Revolution?," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 507-520.
- Milton Friedman, 1970. "Comment on Tobin," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 318-327.
- Milton Friedman, 1949. "The Marshallian Demand Curve," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57, pages 463-463.
- anonymous, 1992. "Interview with Milton Friedman," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue June.
- Hoover, Kevin D., 2004. "Lost Causes," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 149-164, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno Chiarini, 2008. "Milton Friedman: la moneta, il metodo e la politica," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 98(1), pages 39-56, January-F.
- Khan, Haider A., 2008.
"Friedman’s Methodology: A Puzzle and A Proposal for Generating Useful Debates through Causal Comparisons (with a postscript on positive vs. normative theories),"
7457, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2008.
- Khan, Haider, 2008. "Friedman’s Methodology: A Puzzle and A Proposal for Generating Useful Debates through Causal Comparisons (with a postscript on positive vs. normative theories)," MPRA Paper 7458, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2008.
- Simon Deichsel & Andreas Pyka, 2009. "A Pragmatic Reading of Friedman's Methodological Essay and What It Tells Us for the Discussion of ABMs," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 12(4), pages 1-6.
- Khan, Haider, 2005. "Friedman’s Methodology: A Puzzle and A Proposal for Generating Useful Debates through Causal Comparisons," MPRA Paper 7024, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2008.
More about this item
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cda:wpaper:06-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Scott Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educdus.html .