Bootstrapping the Conditional Moment Test for Parametric Duration Models
This letter evaluates the performance of auxiliary regression-based specification tests for parametric duration models estimated with censored data. The test using asymptotic critical values has poor size. Bootstrapping corrects the size problem but results in a biased power curve.
|Date of creation:||07 Jul 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616-8578|
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James E. Prieger, "undated".
"Conditional Moment Tests for Parametric Duration Models,"
Department of Economics
00-10, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- James E. Prieger, 2003. "Conditional Moment Tests for Parametric Duration Models," Working Papers 010, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 2001. "The Bootstrap," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 52, pages 3159-3228 Elsevier.
- Lancaster, Tony, 1985. "Generalised residuals and heterogeneous duration models : With applications to the Weilbull model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 155-169, April.
- Pagan, Adrian & Vella, Frank, 1989. "Diagnostic Tests for Models Based on Individual Data: A Survey," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(S), pages 29-59, Supplemen. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)