Asian Exchange Rate Options under Stochastic Interest Rates: Pricing as a Sum of Delayed Payment Options
The aim of the paper is to develop pricing formulas for European type Asian options written on the exchange rate in a two currency economy. The exchange rate as well as the foreign and domestic zero coupon bond prices are assumed to follow geometric Brownian motions. As a special case of a discrete Asian option we analyse the delayed payment currency option and develop closed form pricing and hedging formulas. The main emphasis is devoted to the discretely sampled Asian option. It is shown how the value of this option can be approximated as the sum of Black-Scholes options. The formula is obtained under the application of results developed by Rogers and Shi (1995) and Jamshidian (1991). In addition bounds for the pricing error are determined. distribution of information. This criterion allows, not only,
|Date of creation:||Nov 1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bonn Graduate School of Economics, University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 24 - 26, 53113 Bonn, Germany|
Fax: +49 228 73 6884
Web page: http://www.bgse.uni-bonn.de
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacques, Michel, 1996. "On the Hedging Portfolio of Asian Options," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 165-183, November.
- Vorst, Ton, 1992. "Prices and hedge ratios of average exchange rate options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 179-193.
- Kemna, A. G. Z. & Vorst, A. C. F., 1990. "A pricing method for options based on average asset values," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 113-129, March.
- Alziary, Benedicte & Decamps, Jean-Paul & Koehl, Pierre-Francois, 1997.
"A P.D.E. approach to Asian options: analytical and numerical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 613-640, May.
- Alziary, B. & Decamps, J-P. & Koehl, P-F., 1996. "A P.D.E. Approach to Asian Options: Analytical and Numerical Evidence," Papers 96.430, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Turnbull, Stuart M. & Wakeman, Lee Macdonald, 1991. "A Quick Algorithm for Pricing European Average Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 377-389, September.
- Kaushik I. Amin & Robert A. Jarrow, 2008. "Pricing foreign currency options under stochastic interest rates," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 14, pages 307-326 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Amin, Kaushik I. & Jarrow, Robert A., 1991. "Pricing foreign currency options under stochastic interest rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 310-329, September.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Garman, Mark B. & Kohlhagen, Steven W., 1983. "Foreign currency option values," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 231-237, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)