Evolution in Partnership Games,an Equivalence Result
A partnership game is a two person game in which both players necessarily receive the same payoff. For symmetric partnership games it is shown that asymptotic stability with respect to the replicator dynamics, evolutionary stability (Maynard Smith and Price , Thomas ) and equilibrium evolutionary stability (Swinkels ) are equivalent concepts. This equivalence result is also derived for asymmetric partnership games, both in the asymmetric contest (Selten) and in the two population setting (Balkenborg and Schlag ). A side result shows for general games that equilibrium evolutionary stability is weaker than evolutionary stability.
|Date of creation:||Dec 1994|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +49 228 73 6884
Web page: http://www.bgse.uni-bonn.de
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schlag, Karl H., 1994.
"Why Imitate, and if so, How? Exploring a Model of Social Evolution,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
296, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Schlag, Karl H., 1998. "Why Imitate, and If So, How?, : A Boundedly Rational Approach to Multi-armed Bandits," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 130-156, January.
- K. Schlag, 2010. "Why Imitate, and if so, How? Exploring a Model of Social Evolution," Levine's Working Paper Archive 454, David K. Levine.
- Karl H. Schlag & Dieter Balkenborg, 2001. "Evolutionarily stable sets," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 571-595.
- A. Blume & Y. G. Kim & J. Sobel, 2010.
"Evolutionary Stability in Games of Communication,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
530, David K. Levine.
- Blume, A. & Kim, Y.G. & Sobel, J., 1993. "Evolutionary Stability in Games of Communication," Working Papers 93-07, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Blume, A. & Kim, Y.G. & Sobel, J., 1992. "Evolutionary Stability in Games of Communication," Working Papers 92-17, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Swinkels, J., 1991.
"Evolutionary Stability with Equilibrium Entrants,"
9, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Van Damme, Eric, 1994.
"Evolutionary game theory,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 847-858, April.
- Jorgen W. Weibull, 1997. "Evolutionary Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262731215, June.
- repec:att:wimass:9325 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Cabrales, 2010.
"Stochastic Replicator Dynamics,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
489, David K. Levine.
- P. Taylor & L. Jonker, 2010. "Evolutionarily Stable Strategies and Game Dynamics," Levine's Working Paper Archive 457, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bon:bonsfb:298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BGSE Office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.