Merging of Opinions under Uncertainty
We consider long-run behavior of agents assessing risk in terms of dynamic convex risk measures or, equivalently, utility in terms of dynamic variational preferences in an uncertain setting. By virtue of a robust representation, we show that all uncertainty is revealed in the limit and agents behave as expected utility maximizer under the true underlying distribution regardless of their initial risk anticipation. In particular, risk assessments of distinct agents converge. This result is a generalization of the fundamental Blackwell-Dubins Theorem, cp. [Blackwell & Dubins, 62], to convex risk. We furthermore show the result to hold in a non -time-consistent environment.
|Date of creation:||May 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +49 228 73 6884
Web page: http://www.bgse.uni-bonn.de
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Massimo Marinacci & Fabio Maccheroni & Alain Chateauneuf & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2003.
"Monotone Continuous Multiple Priors,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
30-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Fabio Macheronni & Massimo Marinacci & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2005. "Monotone continuous multiple priors," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00177057, HAL.
- Frank Riedel, 2003.
"Dynamic Coherent Risk Measures,"
03004, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Maccheroni, Fabio & Marinacci, Massimo & Rustichini, Aldo, 2006.
"Dynamic variational preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 4-44, May.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Kreps, David M, 1979. "A Representation Theorem for "Preference for Flexibility"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 565-77, May.
- Larry Epstein & Martin Schneider, 2002.
"Learning Under Ambiguity,"
RCER Working Papers
497, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER), revised Mar 2005.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2006.
"Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1447-1498, November.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 12, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2006.
- Frank Riedel, 2009. "Optimal Stopping With Multiple Priors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 857-908, 05.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal investments for risk- and ambiguity-averse preferences: a duality approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Larry G. Epstein & Martin Schneider, 2001.
RCER Working Papers
485, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bon:bonedp:bgse11_2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BGSE Office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.