Saving Wall Street or main street
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393,
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Duchin, Ran & Sosyura, Denis, 2014. "Safer ratios, riskier portfolios: Banks׳ response to government aid," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 1-28.
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H. S. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2011.
"Bank Risk Taking and Liquidity Creation Following Regulatory Interventions and Capital Support,"
11-57, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Berger, A.N. & Bouwman, C.H.S. & Kick, T. & Schaeck, K., 2011. "Bank risk taking and liquidity creation following regulatory interventions and capital support," Discussion Paper 2011-088, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H. S. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2014. "Bank Risk Taking and Liquidity Creation Following Regulatory Interventions and Capital Support," Working Papers 14-07, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Vasco Curdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "Conventional and unconventional monetary policy," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 92(May), pages 229-264.
- Kevin Moran & Cesaire A. Meh & Ian Christensen, 2010.
"Bank Leverage Regulation and Macroeconomic Dynamics,"
2010 Meeting Papers
757, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ian Christensen & Césaire Meh & Kevin Moran, 2011. "Bank Leverage Regulation and Macroeconomic Dynamics," Staff Working Papers 11-32, Bank of Canada.
- Ian Christensen & Césaire Meh & Kevin Moran, 2011. "Bank Leverage Regulation and Macroeconomic Dynamics," Cahiers de recherche 1140, CIRPEE.
- Ian Christensen & Césaire Meh & Kevin Moran, 2011. "Bank Leverage Regulation and Macroeconomic Dynamics," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-76, CIRANO.
- Albertazzi, Ugo & Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2009. "Bank profitability and the business cycle," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 393-409, December.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2012. "Systemic Banking Crises Database; An Update," IMF Working Papers 12/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Faia, Ester, 2010. "Credit risk transfers and the macroeconomy," Working Paper Series 1256, European Central Bank.
- Allen N. Berger & Raluca Roman, 2015. "Did saving Wall Street really save Main Street : the real effects of TARP on local economic conditions," Research Working Paper RWP 15-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, revised 01 Oct 2015.
- Gertler, Mark & Karadi, Peter, 2011. "A model of unconventional monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-34, January.
- David Aikman & Matthias Paustian, 2006. "Bank capital, asset prices and monetary policy," Bank of England working papers 305, Bank of England.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Steffen, Sascha, 2014. "Falling short of expectations? Stress-testing the European banking system," CEPS Papers 8803, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- John R. Graham & Mark T. Leary, 2011. "A Review of Empirical Capital Structure Research and Directions for the Future," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 309-345, December.
- Li, Lei, 2013. "TARP funds distribution and bank loan supply," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4777-4792.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chang, Roberto & Fernández, Andrés & Gulan, Adam, 2017.
"Bond finance, bank credit, and aggregate fluctuations in an open economy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 90-109.
- Roberto Chang & Andrés Fernández & Adam Gulan, 2016. "Bond Finance, Bank Credit, and Aggregate Fluctuations in an Open Economy," NBER Working Papers 22377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chang, Roberto & Fernandez, Andres & Gulan, Adam, 2016. "Bond Finance, Bank Credit, and Aggregate Fluctuations in an Open Economy," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7805, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Chang, Roberto & Fernández, Andrés & Gulan, Adam, 2016. "Bond finance, bank credit, and aggregate fluctuations in an open economy," Research Discussion Papers 22/2016, Bank of Finland.
More about this item
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2016-06-09 (Banking)
- NEP-DGE-2016-06-09 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2016-06-09 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofrdp:2016_012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofgvfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.