How hard is the euro area core? : an evaluation of growth cycles using wavelet analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, Wenda, 1999. "Further Evidence on the International Business Cycle and the ERM: Is There a European Business Cycle?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 120-132, January.
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, W, 1997.
"International Business Cycles and the ERM: Is There a European Business Cycle?,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, Wenda, 1995. "International Business Cycles and the ERM: Is there a European Business Cycle?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kim Sangbae & In Francis Haeuck, 2003. "The Relationship Between Financial Variables and Real Economic Activity: Evidence From Spectral and Wavelet Analyses," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18, December.
- Daniel Levy & Hashem Dezhbakhsh, 2003.
"On the typical spectral shape of an economic variable,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 417-423.
- Daniel Levy & Hashem Dezhbakhsh, 2002. "On the Typical Spectral Shape of an Economic Variable," Emory Economics 0203, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Daniel Levy & Hashem Dezhbakhsh, 2002. "On the Typical Spectral Shape of an Economic Variable," Working Papers 2002-16, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Levy & Hashem Dezhbakhsh, 2004. "On the Typical Spectral Shape of an Economic Variable," Macroeconomics 0402017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kontolemis, Zenon G, 1997. "Does Growth Vary over the Business Cycle? Some Evidence from the G7 Countries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(255), pages 441-460, August.
- Crowley, Patrick M., 2005. "An intuitive guide to wavelets for economists," Research Discussion Papers 1/2005, Bank of Finland.
- Levy, Daniel & Dezhbakhsh, Hashem, 2003.
"International evidence on output fluctuation and shock persistence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1499-1530, October.
- Daniel Levy & Hashem Dezhbakhsh, 2002. "International Evidence on Output Fluctuation and Shock Persistence," Working Papers 2002-17, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Levy & Hashem Dezhbakhsh, 2004. "International Evidence on Output Fluctuation and Shock Persistence," Macroeconomics 0402016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Crowley, Patrick M. & Lee, Jim, 2005. "Decomposing the co-movement of the business cycle : a time-frequency analysis of growth cycles in the euro area," Research Discussion Papers 12/2005, Bank of Finland.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Christian R. Richter, 2004.
"Spectral Analysis as a Tool for Financial Policy: An Analysis of the Short-End of the British Term Structure,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 271-288, April.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett, Christian R Richter, 2001. "Spectral Analysis as a Tool for Financial Policy: An Analysis of the Short-End of the British Term Structure," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 127, Society for Computational Economics.
- Camba-Méndez, Gonzalo & Kapetanios, George, 2001. "Spectral based methods to identify common trends and common cycles," Working Paper Series 0062, European Central Bank.
- Gençay, Ramazan & Gençay, Ramazan & Selçuk, Faruk & Whitcher, Brandon J., 2001. "An Introduction to Wavelets and Other Filtering Methods in Finance and Economics," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780122796708.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanna Bruzda, 2011. "Business cycle synchronization according to wavelets – the case of Poland and the euro zone member countries," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 42(3), pages 5-32.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2011. "Synchronization of Economic Sentiment Cycles in the Euro Area: a time-frequency analysis," CEF.UP Working Papers 1105, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- David G. Mayes & Vesa Korhonen, 2006.
"The CIS: Does the Regional Hegemony Facilitate Monetary Integration?,"
CEPII research center, issue 107, pages 173-196.
- Mayes, David G. & Korhonen, Vesa, 2007. "The CIS : does the regional hegemon facilitate monetary integration?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 16/2007, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Harald Schmidbauer & Angi Rösch & Erhan Uluceviz, 2012. "Connectedness Cycles in Equity Markets: A Wavelet Approach," EcoMod2012 4502, EcoMod.
More about this item
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E39 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Other
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-10-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2006-10-21 (European Economics)
- NEP-ETS-2006-10-21 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofrdp:2006_018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofgvfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.