Understanding financial inclusion in China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc-Kunt Asli & Klapper Leora & Randall Douglas, 2014.
"Islamic Finance and Financial Inclusion: Measuring Use of and Demand for Formal Financial Services among Muslim Adults,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-42, August.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Randall, Douglas, 2013. "Islamic finance and financial inclusion: measuring use of and demand for formal financial services among Muslim adults," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6642, The World Bank.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Kong, Rong, 2010. "Informal lending amongst friends and relatives: Can microcredit compete in rural China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 544-556, December.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Xiaobo Zhang, 2011.
"The Competitive Saving Motive: Evidence from Rising Sex Ratios and Savings Rates in China,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(3), pages 511-564.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Xiaobo Zhang, 2009. "The Competitive Saving Motive: Evidence from Rising Sex Ratios and Savings Rates in China," NBER Working Papers 15093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li, Rui & Li, Qinghai & Huang, Shaoan & Zhu, Xi, 2013. "The credit rationing of Chinese rural households and its welfare loss: An investigation based on panel data," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 17-27.
- Galina Hale & Cheryl Long, 2010. "What are the Sources of Financing of the Chinese Firms?," Working Papers 192010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Zuzana Fungáčová & Laurent Weill, 2013.
"Does competition influence bank failures?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 21(2), pages 301-322, April.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2009. "How market power influences bank failures : Evidence from Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 12/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zuzana Fungacova & Laurent Weill, 2010. "How Market Power Influences Bank Failures Evidence from Russia," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2010-08, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Allen, Franklin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2016.
"The foundations of financial inclusion: Understanding ownership and use of formal accounts,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-30.
- Allen, Franklin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Peria, Maria Soledad Martinez, 2012. "The foundations of financial inclusion : understanding ownership and use of formal accounts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6290, The World Bank.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2006. "Bank concentration, competition, and crises: First results," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1581-1603, May.
- Dennis Tao Yang, 2012.
"Aggregate Savings and External Imbalances in China,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 125-146, Fall.
- Yang, Dennis T., 2012. "Aggregate Savings and External Imbalances in China," IZA Discussion Papers 6964, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Ito, Hiro, 2007.
"Current account balances, financial development and institutions: Assaying the world "saving glut","
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 546-569, June.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Hiro Ito, 2005. "Current Account Balances, Financial Development and Institutions: Assaying the World "Savings Glut"," NBER Working Papers 11761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miriam Bruhn & Inessa Love, 2014. "The Real Impact of Improved Access to Finance: Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(3), pages 1347-1376, June.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2007. "Finance, inequality and the poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 27-49, March.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 1994. "Saving, Growth, and Liquidity Constraints," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 83-109.
- Han, Rui & Melecky, Martin, 2013. "Financial inclusion for financial stability : access to bank deposits and the growth of deposits in the Global Financial Crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6577, The World Bank.
- Anson, Jose & Berthaud, Alexandre & Klapper, Leora & Singer, Dorothe, 2013. "Financial inclusion and the role of the post office," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6630, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Leora Klapper, 2013. "Measuring Financial Inclusion: Explaining Variation in Use of Financial Services across and within Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 46(1 (Spring), pages 279-340.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora, 2012. "Measuring financial inclusion : the Global Findex Database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6025, The World Bank.
- Zhang, Guibin, 2008. "The choice of formal or informal finance: Evidence from Chengdu, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 659-678, December.
- Cihak, Martin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Feyen, Erik & Levine, Ross, 2012. "Benchmarking financial systems around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6175, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jfamec:v:38:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10834-017-9531-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Olaniyi, 2015. "The Effects of Economic and Financial Development on Financial Inclusion in Africa," MPRA Paper 81325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evans, Olaniyi, 2016. "Determinants of Financial Inclusion in Africa: A Dynamic Panel Data Approach," MPRA Paper 81326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bis:bisifc:46-18 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofitp:2014_010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofitfi.html .