Effects of WTO membership on income distribution and labour movement in China : A CGE analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sherman Robinson & Zhi Wang & Will Martin, 2002. "Capturing the Implications of Services Trade Liberalization," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 3-33.
- Barry Naughton, 1996. "China's Emergence and Prospects as a Trading Nation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(2), pages 273-344.
- Jiang, Tingsong, 2003. "The Impact of China's WTO Accession on its Regional Economies," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 11.
- Elena Ianchovichina, 2007.
"Are duty drawbacks on exports worth the hassle?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 881-913, August.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2005. "Duty drawbacks, competitiveness, and growth - are duty drawbacks worth the hassle?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3498, The World Bank.
- Elena IANCHOVICHINA, 2010. "Duty Drawbacks, Competitiveness and Growth: Should China Reform its Duty Drawback System?," EcoMod2004 330600069, EcoMod.
- Xiaolan Fu & V. N. Balasubramanyam, 2003. "Township and Village Enterprises in China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 27-46.
- Abdelhak Senhadji, 1997. "Two common problems related to the use of the Armington aggregator in computable general equilibrium models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 23-25.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2001.
"Trade Liberalization in China’s Accession to WTO,"
Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 16, pages 421-445.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Martin, Will, 2001. "Trade liberalization in China's accession to the World Trade Organization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2623, The World Bank.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Robert McDougall & Thomas W. Hertel, 2000.
"China in 2005 Revisited: The Implications of International Capital Mobility,"
GTAP Working Papers
402, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & McDougall, Robert & Hertel, Thomas, 2000. "China in 2005 Revisited: The Implications of International Capital Mobility," Working papers 283445, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Lardy,Nicholas R., 1992. "Foreign Trade and Economic Reform in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521414951, August.
- Adams, Philip D. & Dixon, Peter B. & McDonald, Daina & Meagher, G. A. & Parmenter, Brian R., 1994. "Forecasts for the Australian economy using the MONASH model," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 557-571, December.
- Huang, Jikun & Chen, Chunlai, 1999. "Effects of Trade Liberalization on Agriculture in China: Institutional and Structural Aspects," Working Papers 32722, United Nations Centre for Alleviation of Poverty Through Secondary Crops' Development in Asia and the Pacific (CAPSA).
- John Gilbert & Thomas Wahl, 2002. "Applied General Equilibrium Assessments of Trade Libereralisation in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 697-731, May.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & K. K. Tang, 2000.
"Trade and Financial Reform in China: Impacts on the World Economy,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(8), pages 979-1003, August.
- Warwick J McKibbin & K K Tang, 1998. "The Global Economic Impacts of Trade and Financial Reform in China," Departmental Working Papers 1998-08, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics, revised Sep 1998.
- Jose Tongzon, 2001. "China's membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the exports of the developing economies of East Asia: a computable general equilibrium approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(15), pages 1943-1959.
- Yin Hua Mai, 2003. "Effects of Reducing Tariffs and Endogenous Productivity Growth," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-139, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Wang, Zhi & Zhai, Fan, 1998. "Tariff Reduction, Tax Replacement, and Implications for Income Distribution in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 358-387, June.
- Dirk Willenbockel, 1999. "On apparent problems with the use of the Armington aggregator in computable general equilibrium models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(9), pages 589-591.
More about this item
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2006-10-07 (China)
- NEP-GEO-2006-10-07 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SEA-2006-10-07 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofitp:2005_018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofitfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.