Pay for Performance and Compensation Inequality: Evidence from the ECEC
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maury Gittleman & Brooks Pierce, 2015. "Pay for Performance and Compensation Inequality: Evidence from the ECEC," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 68(1), pages 28-52, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- John S. Heywood & Daniel Parent, 2012.
"Performance Pay and the White-Black Wage Gap,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 249-290.
- Heywood, John S. & Parent, Daniel, 2009. "Performance Pay and the White-Black Wage Gap," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-42, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Jul 2009.
- Daniel Parent & John S. Heywood, 2009. "Performance Pay And The White-Black Wage Gap," Departmental Working Papers 2009-07, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- John S. Heywood & Daniel Parent, 2009. "Performance Pay and the White-Black Wage Gap," Cahiers de recherche 0916, CIRPEE.
- Jon Bakija & Adam Cole & Bradley Heim, 2008. "Jobs and Income Growth of Top Earners and the Causes of Changing Income Inequality: Evidence from U.S. Tax Return Data," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-22, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Jan 2012.
- Charles Brown, 1992. "Wage Levels and Method of Pay," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(3), pages 366-375, Autumn.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1986. "Salaries and Piece Rates," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 405-431, July.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-442, June.
- K. Sommerfeld, 2013.
"Higher and higher? Performance pay and wage inequality in Germany,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(30), pages 4236-4247, October.
- Katrin Sommerfeld, 2012. "Higher and Higher?: Performance Pay and Wage Inequality in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 476, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Maury Gittleman & Brooks Pierce, 2011. "Inter-Industry Wage Differentials Job Content and Unobserved Ability," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 64(2), pages 356-374, January.
- Maury Gittleman & Brooks Pierce, 2012. "Compensation for State and Local Government Workers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 217-242, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bryan, Mark & Bryson, Alex, 2016.
"Has performance pay increased wage inequality in Britain?,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 149-161.
- Mark, Bryan & Bryson, Alex, 2015. "Has performance pay increased wage inequality in Britain?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61701, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bryan, Mark L. & Bryson, Alex, 2015. "Has Performance Pay Increased Wage Inequality in Britain?," IZA Discussion Papers 8995, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alex Bryson, 2015. "Has Performance Pay Increased Wage Inequality in Britain?," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 446, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Bryan, Mark L. & Bryson, Alex, 2015. "Has performance pay increased wage inequality in Britain?," ISER Working Paper Series 2015-09, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Mark Bryan & Alex Bryson, 2015. "Has Performance Pay Increased Wage Inequality in Britain?," CEP Discussion Papers dp1346, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- repec:bla:indres:v:56:y:2017:i:4:p:662-687 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erling Barth & Alex Bryson & James C. Davis & Richard Freeman, 2016. "It's Where You Work: Increases in the Dispersion of Earnings across Establishments and Individuals in the United States," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(S2), pages 67-97.
More about this item
Keywordspay for performance; compensation inequality;
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- M52 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Compensation and Compensation Methods and Their Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HRM-2013-10-02 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2013-10-02 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-10-02 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bls:wpaper:ec130060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gregory Kurtzon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/blsgvus.html .