Central bank Independence and Economic Performance in Eastern Europe
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +90(312) 290-1643
Fax: +90(312) 266-5140
Web page: http://econ.bilkent.edu.tr/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994.
"How independent should a central bank be?,"
Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory
94-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Prakash Loungani & Nathan Sheets, 1995.
"Central bank independence, inflation and growth in transition economies,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
519, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Loungani, Prakash & Sheets, Nathan, 1997. "Central Bank Independence, Inflation, and Growth in Transition Economies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 381-99, August.
- Thorne, Alfredo & DEC, 1993. "Eastern Europe's experience with banking reform : is there a role for banks in the transition?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1235, The World Bank.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mancur Olson, Jr., 1995. "Why the Transition from Communism Is So Difficult," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 437-461, Fall.
- International Monetary Fund, 1990. "Financial Sector Reform and Central Banking in Centrally Planned Economies," IMF Working Papers 90/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-62, May.
- Lane, Timothy D., 1992. "Inflation stabilization and economic transformation in Poland: The first year," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 105-155, July.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-98, September.
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1992. " Taxation, Money, and Credit, in a Liberalizing Socialist Economy," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 97-112.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bil:bilpap:0007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.