Has Economic Policy Uncertainty Hampered the Recovery?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Scott R. Baker & Nicholas Bloom & Steven J. Davis, 2012. "Has Economic Policy Uncertainty Hampered the Recovery?," Book Chapters,in: Lee E. Ohanian & John B. Taylor & Ian J. Wright (ed.), Government Policies and the Delayed Economic Recovery, chapter 3 Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pástor, Ľuboš & Veronesi, Pietro, 2013.
"Political uncertainty and risk premia,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(3), pages 520-545.
- Pástor, Luboš & Veronesi, Pietro, 2011. "Political Uncertainty and Risk Premia," CEPR Discussion Papers 8601, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lubos Pastor & Pietro Veronesi, 2011. "Political Uncertainty and Risk Premia," Working Papers 2011-007, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Lubos Pastor & Pietro Veronesi, 2011. "Political Uncertainty and Risk Premia," NBER Working Papers 17464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panousi, Vasia & Papanikolaou, Dimitris, 2009. "Investment, idiosyncratic risk, and ownership," MPRA Paper 24239, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Comment expliquer la faiblesse de la reprise ?
by Martin Anota in D'un champ l'autre on 2015-02-17 02:16:01
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:137:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1609-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vivek Ghosal & Yang Ye, 2015.
"Uncertainty and the employment dynamics of small and large businesses,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 529-558, March.
- Vivek Ghosal & Yang Ye, 2014. "Uncertainty and the Employment Dynamics of Small and Large Businesses," CESifo Working Paper Series 5059, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vivek Ghosal & Yang Ye, 2015. "Uncertainty and the Employment Dynamics of Small and Large Businesses," IMF Working Papers 15/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Handley, Kyle & Limão, Nuno, 2013.
"Policy Uncertainty, Trade and Welfare: Theory and Evidence for China and the U.S,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9615, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kyle Handley & Nuno Limao, 2016. "Policy Uncertainty, Trade and Welfare: Theory and Evidence for China and the U.S," Working Papers 650, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Kyle Handley & Nuno Limão, 2013. "Policy Uncertainty, Trade and Welfare: Theory and Evidence for China and the U.S," NBER Working Papers 19376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sojli, Elvira & Tham, Wing Wah, 2015. "Divided governments and futures prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 187(2), pages 622-633.
- Paraskevi Salamaliki, 2015. "Economic Policy Uncertainty and Economic Activity: A Focus on Infrequent Structural Shifts," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2015-08, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Bjørnskov, Christian, 2016. "Economic freedom and economic crises," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 45(S), pages 11-23.
- William Gavin & Benjamin Keen, 2013. "U.S. Monetary Policy: A View from Macro Theory," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 33-49, February.
- Matthes, Christian & Hollmayr, Josef, 2015.
"Tales of Transition Paths: Policy Uncertainty and Random Walks,"
15-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Hollmayr, Josef & Matthes, Christian, 2015. "Tales of transition paths: Policy uncertainty and random walks," Discussion Papers 14/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Cai, Yifei, 2016.
[Short-term Capital Flow, Economic Policy Uncertainty and VIX—Evidence from a Time-varying Analysis Framework]," MPRA Paper 73213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hollmayr, Josef & Matthes, Christian, 2015.
"Learning about fiscal policy and the effects of policy uncertainty,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 142-162.
- Hollmayr, Josef & Matthes, Christian, 2013. "Learning about fiscal policy and the effects of policy uncertainty," Discussion Papers 51/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Josef Hollmayr & Christian Matthes, 2013. "Learning about fiscal policy and the effects of policy uncertainty," Working Paper 13-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Maritta Paloviita & Matti Viren, 2014.
"Inflation and output growth uncertainty in individual survey expectations,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 41(1), pages 69-81, February.
- Paloviita, Maritta & Virén, Matti, 2012. "Inflation and output growth uncertainty in individual survey expectations," Research Discussion Papers 37/2012, Bank of Finland.
- He, Yinghua & Nielsson, Ulf & Wang, Yonglei, 2017.
"Hurting without hitting: The economic cost of political tension,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 106-124.
- He, Yinghua & Nielsson, Ulf & Wang, Yonglei, 2014. "Hurting without Hitting: The Economic Cost of Political Tension," TSE Working Papers 14-484, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jul 2015.
- Vivek Ghosal & Yang Ye, 2013. "Business Decision-Making under Uncertainty: Evidence from Employment and Number of Businesses," CESifo Working Paper Series 4312, CESifo Group Munich.
- Prüser, Jan & Schlösser, Alexander, 2017. "The effects of economic policy uncertainty on European economies: Evidence from a TVP-FAVAR," Ruhr Economic Papers 708, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Christian Bjørnskov, 2014. "Do Economic Reforms Alleviate Subjective Well-Being Losses of Economic Crises?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 163-182, February.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:2:p:685-702 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giampietro, Marta & Guidolin, Massimo & Pedio, Manuela, 2018.
"Estimating stochastic discount factor models with hidden regimes: Applications to commodity pricing,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 685-702.
- Marta Giampietro & Massimo Guidolin & Manuela Pedio, 2017. "Estimating Stochastic Discount Factor Models with Hidden Regimes: Applications to Commodity Pricing," Working Papers 614, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Marta Giampietro & Massimo Guidolin & Manuela Pedio, 2015. "Can No-Arbitrage SDF Models with Regime Shifts Explain the Correlations Between Commodity, Stock, and Bond Returns?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1619, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
More about this item
Keywordspolicy uncertainty index; news-based uncertainty measure; tax-code expirations; forecaster disagreement; slow recovery;
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfi:wpaper:2012-003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Toni Shears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mfichus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.