Stock Prices and the Doctor Supply: Effect of Medicare Residency Policy on Healthcare Industry Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman & Simon Kuznets, 1954. "Income from Independent Professional Practice," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie54-1.
- Mohamad Al-Ississ & Nolan H. Miller, 2010. "What Does Health Reform Mean for the Healthcare Industry? Evidence from the Massachusetts Special Senate Election," NBER Working Papers 16193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordslegislatures; voting behavior; information and market efficiency; event studies; analysis of health care markets; industrial policy;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfi:wpaper:2011-011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Toni Shears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mfichus.html .