Co-regulation and voluntarism in the provision of food safety: lessons from institutional economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta & Jensen, Helen H., 2003.
"Systemic failure in the provision of safe food,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 77-96, February.
- David A. Hennessy & Jutta Roosen & Helen H. Jensen, 2002. "Systemic Failure in the Provision of Safe Food," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 02-wp299, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta & Jensen, Helen H., 2003. "Systemic Failure in the Provision of Safe Food," Staff General Research Papers Archive 2091, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- S. Salman Hussain, 2003. "Eco-innovations and industrial organisation: a review of complementary explanations of unsustainable economic paths," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3/4), pages 243-261.
- Laurian J. Unnevehr & Helen H. Jensen, 1999.
"Economic Implications of Using HACCP as a Food Safety Regulatory Standard, The,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
99-wp228, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H., 1999. "Economic Implications of Using HACCP As a Food Safety Regulatory Standard (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1631, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Crocker, Thomas D., 1999. "Risk and Its Consequences," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 44-51, January.
- Nelson, Richard R & Winter, Sidney G, 1977. "Simulation of Schumpeterian Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 271-276, February.
- Buzby, Jean C. & Frenzen, Paul D., 1999. "Food safety and product liability," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 637-651, December.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Julie A. Caswell & Neal H. Hooker, 1996. "HACCP as an International Trade Standard," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 775-779.
- Brian Roe, 2004. "Optimal Sharing of Foodborne Illness Prevention between Consumers and Industry: The Effect of Regulation and Liability," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 359-374.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H., 1999. "The economic implications of using HACCP as a food safety regulatory standard," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 625-635, December.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1975. "The Effects of Automobile Safety Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 677-725, August.
More about this item
Keywordsco-regulation; strategic behaviour; food safety; ex ante regulation; institutional economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Institutional and Behavioral Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saclwp:45996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lesacuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.