Can Technology Deliver on the Yield Challenge to 2050?
This paper was produced for the FAO Expert Meeting on How to Feed the World in 2050 (Rome, 24-26 June 2009).
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lantican, M. A. & Pingali, P. L. & Rajaram, S., 2003. "Is research on marginal lands catching up?: The case of unfavourable wheat growing environments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 353-361, December.
- Kumar, Praduman & Mittal, Surabhi & Hossain, Mahabub, 2008. "Agricultural Growth Accounting and Total Factor Productivity in South Asia: A Review and Policy Implications," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 21(2), December.
- Lantican, M.A. & Pingali, P.L. & Rajaram, S., 2003. "Is research on marginal lands catching up? The case of unfavourable wheat growing environments," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(3), December.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Kikuchi, Masao & Morooka, Kazuko, 1989.
"Market Price Response of World Rice Research,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(4), December.
- Lipton, Michael, 2005. "The family farm in a globalizing world: the role of crop science in alleviating poverty," 2020 vision discussion papers 40, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels & Eaton, Derek, 2007. "Plant variety protection in developing countries. A report from the field," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 354-371, June.
- Anonymous, 2002. "Cimmyt 2000-2001 World Wheat Overview And Outlook: Developing No-Till Packages For Small-Scale Farmers," Facts and Trends/Overview and Outlook 23725, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Sherlund, Shane M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Adesina, Akinwumi A., 2002. "Smallholder technical efficiency controlling for environmental production conditions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 85-101, October.
- Heisey, Paul W. & Norton, George W., 2007. "Fertilizers and other farm chemicals," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, William J., 2007.
"Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia,"
Agricultural Distortions Working Paper
48557, World Bank.
- de Wit, C. T., 1992. "Resource use efficiency in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 125-151.
- R. Lal, 2009. "Soil degradation as a reason for inadequate human nutrition," The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 45-57, February.
- von Braun, Joachim & Fan, Shenggen & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Pratt, Alejandro Nin, 2008. "International agricultural research for food security, poverty reduction, and the environment: What to expect from scaling up CGIAR investments and “Best Bet” programs," Issue briefs 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pardey, Philip G. & James, Jennifer S. & Alston, Julian M. & Wood, Stanley & Koo, Bonwoo & Binenbaum, Eran & Hurley, Terrance M. & Glewwe, Paul & Mayer, Jorge & Jones, Richard & De Groote, Hugo & Kana, 2007. "Science, Technology and Skills," Reports 136256, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Gollin, Douglas, 2006. "Impacts of International Research on Intertemporal Yield Stability in Wheat and Maize: An Economic Assessment," Impact Studies 7657, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:miscpa:55481. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.